xisto Community
NigaiAmaiYume

Dealing With Telemarketers (usa Only (at This Time)) Being polite but ending the calls

:blink: Its funny isn't it, i posted a link in one of my earlier posts in this thread.If a telemarketer calls ands is nice, polite and generally seems like a good person, i treat them as a good nice kind person. However if the telemarketer is a pushy obnoxious guy i be pushy and obnoxious to him. I know this isn't really fair, since their job is to sell their companies products / services, but it is a natural reaction for me :wacko:

i guess it's a job and better than being on the dole but man aren't there other choices :blink:

Of course there are other choices. You can be a slave in a fast food joint, for example.

There are some advantages of the job, however. As said, at the place I worked. the shifts are only 3 hours long, spread throughout the day and on weekends, and you booked your own shifts. This allowed for a LOT of flexibility, taking advantage of gaps between classes or when children were at school, for example.

If you are successful, then you can also make a LOT more than being a fast food slave. One woman was making $10 or $12 dollars an hour, and I listened in on her, she was NICE. I don't know HOW she did it. I guess she just had a trustworthy, agreeable voice.

And finally, they pretty much hired me off the street. When none of my resumes were getting ANY responses, it was a good time filler.

I was eventually FIRED for missing too many shifts. It's HARD to convince yourself to get out of bed on a Saturday knowing you're probably going to be KICKED OUT after an hour. If they don't want me there, why should I want me there? *laughs*

I have nothing againt telemarketers, infact they are on my I have nothing against list. Yes, I have a list.I have nothing against:ChristiansTelemarketersOld PeopleVegetarians...The list goes on.Anyway, the point is, that I have nothing against these people because they are just trying to do their jobs. I have nothing against the PEOPLE who ring me, I do have something against the COMPANY that employs them though, like it's been said before, the PEOPLE are just doing a job and probably don't want to call me as much as I don't want THEM to call me.I do have a problem with the COMPANY as it's them truely that are bothering me, if I wanted their sevice I would ring them. The point of this post though it to bring it to peoples attention that this topic goes further than it has been mentioned, I have nothing against vegetarians but I have something against people trying to make ME vegetarian, I have nothing agaisnt people selling things, just people forcing ME to buy them, I have nothing against christians but I do against people who think it's THEIR job to make ME one.The point is that people should be allowed to do what they want. Though, it works both ways, I should be allowed to do what I want too! I shouldn't be forced (or I guess they shouldn't attempt to force and or sway my judgemet, as some of them are indeed polite) to take on their ideas, because that way I'm following blind, I should make the choice myself.Oh yes, I would also like to point out that my girlfriend is a vegetrian, therefore I don't hate them all, as she has never tried to force me to be one, I am still allowed to eat meat (and she doesn't complain, or leave the room or anything) it's her choice to be a vegetarian and it's mine not to be.I think that's what is important and what the first post tried to show. People are doing thier jobs, trying to be polite. As long as everyone voices their opinions (and under the context of telemarketers, gets the chance to be on a do not call list (DNCL)) then everyone should get on fine.Although I do like watching videos of telemarketers getting tricked, but that it simply because it's funny, nothing against the people.Grey.

Hmm, greay advice there Yume. I'm 13, live in London, England, and can be a very nasty person when tired. I was called on my mobile phone at 8 am by some stupid telemarketer offering "mobile phones at very cheap prices!!" Now, you must understand that I am awake from 2 pm to 5 am most non-school days (this being one of them), and am really, REALLY grouchy in the morning. This poor telemarketer didn't even get through their second sentence before they were verbally assaulted by me with words which I daren't type in this lovely forum. They actually said sorry and hung up, which was a great achievement for me, and kept me happy for the rest of the day. Basically, if you're a telemarketer, don't call me!

In the US, it is illegal to telemarket via cell phones. And it makes sense, since calling mobile phones usually takes away from the recipinets minutes, costing them money upfront.

I'm going to follow through with your steps to remove my number (assuming we didn't do so already).

Awesome Tutorial! I hate those people constantly calling! ( It is kinda fun to mess with them though :P )