xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandon10092

Problems Enabling Javascript XP wont let me enable Javascript

I've looked elsewhere and can't seem to find any help on this. First off I tried calling Microsoft, which in turn told me to call Compaq because my computer came with XP installed. Great, but my computer is 2 years old and it's out of warranty, and HP won't do anything unless they can charge me $45 for a one time call for support, or pay $99 for a 1 year extended warranty on my computer, and there is no way I'm paying money for a problem that isn't major. Well anyway, as most of you who use Windows know, you need to go through Security options in Internet Explorer to enable Javascriipt, but my problem is that my computer's Internet Security level is set to medium as default, and I would put it lower but I can't. Also, the Custom Level button is blocked so I cannot go in and manually enable Javascript. I'm assuming that this has something to do with my Registry Keys, but I'm not too good with all that stuff. Does anybody have any information on this? By the way, I have a Compaq Presario SR1130NX computer.

This is a stupid question but how is your IE settings blocked. Or how did it get blocked.Also why don't you just download Firefox unintall IE and then re download it again.

I'm not sure how it ever got blocked. But for some reason now it is and I can't do anything.I've already got FireFox installed, even though I don't use it much. I'm not sure exactly how to uninstall Internet Explorer, and plus I probably won't be a big fan of IE7 if that's what I'm forced to download and install.

Well worse case scenario, you re-install the os and go from there, but I doubt you want to do that. Well uninstall IE is possible it does turn your computer to junk, can't receive patches and what not. I wouldn't worry to much about IE7 besides the obvious, but I would download it just to be up to date for security reasons and some other junk. Most people don't like the way the nav bars are set up, but thats them. So download it and that should fix your problem.

First of all, download IE7.

Go to the Internet Options and the last tab (Advanced) I think.

Click on "Reset all settings".

Restart your computer.

Configure your settings for JavaScript, etc.

Try this and see if it works.

Also, please remember to use an alternative browser such as Firefox for normal everyday browsing! :lol:

Enabling javascript

Problems Enabling Javascript

I can't enable javascript. I have checked all the ie settings more times than I can believe. I am using xp home and ie 6 Help!

-question by cathy

Well I don't think it has to do with Windows XP or such.

I have recently had a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate, and am Using IE 8 (not an upgrade - a new hard drive with the new software subsequently added)

Until recently I was having no problem with visuals. Now I've been trying to solve this problem that only occurs in specific places - namely, the Shopping Channel (clearance and free shipping! *L*)

I have no problem with any of the pictures until I click on an item to enlarge it (to see it better, have details pointed out, etc.) Instead of the enlarged photo I get a row of flashing grey dots and a message saying , trying to show the photo with a little grey notice overtop saying "one moment please" - but overtop of THAT there's another message: "Please try again later, our apologies" - except I phoned several of the reps who say they're not having trouble with the photos or other complaints.

Is this connected to THE ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE I've been experiencing trying to install Java??

And what's up with that anyways? I've encountered so many different opinions on how to fix this problem from microsoft, various tech sites on the web...

I'm not the most computer literate person, so sometimes the fix that gets described is confusing - and sometimes it's' just the vast array of different "fixes" to the problem that create the chaos in my mind.

Any suggestions?

SORRY - really!Problems Enabling Javascript

I'm so sorry - I just posted a questions regarding Windows 7, IE 8, and the inability to enlarge photos on some shopping sites - and Java...But I didn't leave my email, so I'm sorry to take up another post just  because I'm a bit addled.  I don't usually write into forums with questions because I fear my total ignorance regarding some of the things I wonder about are...Well - just embarrassing. 

-reply by Francesca Ventola