xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SwampDog

Connection Problems And High Ping Playing Battlefield 2

Lag and connection problems

Well this seems to be an increasing problem for BF2 players, we run a hosted server and have increasing members experiencing this problem. Our members can play some servers with no issue and some with high lag, ping and disconnection problems. What we no to date is its not geographical, I play foriegn servers no issue, but a server just 30 miles from me causes problems. We have investigated "packet loss" as a source of problem where local hubs or hops are loosing DATA, although this can cause problems isn't the likely source of all problems. We are now looking at graphics drivers, chip set drivers and server side issues which can be caused by drivers. We all enjoyed trouble free BF2 for 2 years before Feb this year and the problem seems to be spreading. We have mailed everyone we can think of and I will post here all solutions and fixes as we find them.

-reply by Psych0naught

Reducing Lag

Just Defragment your operational disk 1-2 times per week and remember to delete your favorite servers/logo cache at your battlefield 2 folder at "my documents".

-reply by Restoration

Punkbuster is causing LAg spikes

Replying to iGuest I manually updated Pbuster a month ago and started experiencing this same issue - spike in lag randomly. It seems to happen at the worst possible time, when the action is taking place. I believe Punkbuster is bogging down certain players to test for hacks, etc. I don't know why they are targetting some and not everyone, but that is what I think.

-reply by David

I've got a worse problem... I have no problems running FH2, but when I try to join a server in BF2 I get disconnected before I even get into the game with the message "lost connection with server", sometimes after a few seconds in the game... My ping is never over 100 and as I said I can play FH2 without any problems or tweaking of settings... Can anybody help?

for the record, I sometimes also get a message related to punkbuster kicking me, I turned off my firewall and I no longer get those messages, just the same irritating "lost connection with server"

HELP!

cant connect to EA onlineConnection Problems And High Ping Playing Battlefield 2

This is unbelievable ! The game is expensive and you are not able to deploy an efficient network to let your customers play ???????

I am really disappointed !

What will you give to us to make us forgive your weakness ?

-question by lolo

It could be the fact that you have two connections working on the same router thus driving it crazy , do this disconnect one of them and work off that see what happens.

I have A PC and 2 laptops running on my connection, before it was supa fast, now i have avarage ping of like 600

He is partnered he is being paid for every silgne add his video makes, the reason he makes so much aha i like him yeah but the thing he used to always be on steam group and always talking to Subs playing with them and stuff. But now he does not give a **** fame got to his head!

I tend to play more games on my PS3 nowadays but I still enjoy games on PC. This vid was taken on my first otuting on BF3 right after I gave it a spin on PS3 Lets just say the PC version is the one I pre-ordered.