xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jaemarkbox

Can't Upload .htaccess And .mdu File... bad filenames

Hi there i am new to Xisto - Web Hosting free web hosting.. and I try to upload a php script file.. all the .php file was uploaded but the .htaccess and .mdu file was not. it has an error and the error says this: bad filenames extension.. what should i do? pls. help!! thanks a lot.

I am little confused. Xisto - Web Hosting is paid hosting. Only free ones are Xisto.com and Xisto.netAnd seeing that you're not hosted with Xisto.com, are you refering to Xisto.NET?If so, please post it in the right section next time. I will wait for your reply.

Sign in to your cpanel and Create a new file named .htaccess in the right directory, then cut and paste the contents into it using the editor. Repeat for the .mdu file.

Hi there i am new to Xisto.net.. and I try to upload a php script file.. all the .php file was uploaded but the .htaccess and .mdu file was not. it has an error and the error says this: bad filenames extension.. what should i do? pls. help!! thanks a lot.

thanks 4 the help.. I have follow your reply instruction to me. but still wont work. it says the same error:
bad filenames extensions... thanks again 4 your reply... and maybe there is another way?..

A suggestion I have is connect through a ftp and download the htaccess file from there make the you need to make and then reupload it from there. You should be set for the htaccess. Also try uploaded the mdu filr through the ftp client as well see if that works.I havn't touch a Xisto.net for awhile but this method work, since I am assuming that your uploading it through the file manager on the actual site.

If you are hosted with Xisto.NET => You do not have access to those extensions. So it is not possible.For Xisto - Web Hosting hosting, you can do this by uploading a file htaccess.txt and then changing its extension.