xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tehyev

Php And Gd

So, today I was trying out a tutorial on making a dynamic image using PHP. So i followed all the steps correctly, upload it to my site and I get there errors

Warning: imagettfbbox(): Could not find/open font in /home/tehyev/public_html/fortune.php on line 16
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tehyev/public_html/fortune.php:16) in /home/tehyev/public_html/fortune.php on line 20

Warning: imagettftext(): Could not find/open font in /home/tehyev/public_html/fortune.php on line 25

Does anyone know how to fix it?

what tutorial are you using? with the font error I assume you would need a font file that you are using and that should fix it. But if you can provide a link to the tutorial that will make the question easier to answer.

It is VERY hard to determine what the possible error could be without seeing your actual script file. Try attaching it in the post.

But just for the fun, if you used the exact copy of the complete script, try making change to the following line:

Line #2

$font_file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."../path/verdana.ttf";

Note the double "period" in case you didn't place the font under the folder called "path". BTW you created a folder called "path" or other and change it accordingly?

$font_file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/path/verdana.ttf";

Well I looked at the coding I would believe that the error lies with this line. The path to the font file put the full path that leads to the font file and see if that works.

It is VERY hard to determine what the possible error could be without seeing your actual script file. Try attaching it in the post.
But just for the fun, if you used the exact copy of the complete script, try making change to the following line:

Line #2

$font_file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."../path/verdana.ttf";

Note the double "period" in case you didn't place the font under the folder called "path". BTW you created a folder called "path" or other and change it accordingly?
Originally I followed the tutorial and typed everything in notepad, but it gave me a lot of errors so I tried that code. And I made a folder called "fonts" and uploaded Verdana to there, and changed the path accordingly.

@ Saint Michael, I tried putting the full path "home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/verdana.ttf" and it didn't work either.

Well i used that in my old server and it used to work.Tap17 has a better version than that of my old server.
There is some error in your script.
Post it and we will find the error.

<?php// Set the static variables (discussed in step 3)$font_file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/Verdana.TTF";$font_size = 8;$y_start = 53;$angle = 0;$max_width = 300;// Retrieve random fortune from text file (discussed in step 2)$fortune_array = file("fortunes.txt");srand((double) microtime() * 10000000);$fortune = array_rand($fortune_array);// Calculate horizontal starting point for the text (discussed in step 3)$line_width = imagettfbbox($font_size, 0, $font_file, $fortune_array[$fortune]);$x_start = (($max_width - $line_width[2] - $line_width[0]) / 2) + 50;// Create the image resource and assign colors to variables (discussed in steps 1 and 5)header("Content-type: image/png");$im = imagecreatefrompng("blank.png");$red = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 0, 0);// Write the text to the image (discussed in step 4)imagettftext($im, $font_size, $angle, $x_start, $y_start, $red, $font_file, $fortune_array[$fortune]);// Create and then destroy the image (discussed in steps 5 and 6)imagepng($im);imagedestroy($im);?>

Theres the script.

Original first lines :

$font_file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/Verdana.TTF";$font_size = 8;
Change to:
echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];$font_file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/Verdana.TTF";echo $font_file;
Check that you aren't duplicating a folder name in there someplace.
I am guessing that you might need to knock some of the path from this part:
/home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/Verdana.TTF

Original first lines :

$font_file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/Verdana.TTF";$font_size = 8;
Change to:
echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];$font_file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/Verdana.TTF";echo $font_file;
Check that you aren't duplicating a folder name in there someplace.
I am guessing that you might need to knock some of the path from this part:
/home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/Verdana.TTF
So that got rid of the two messages at the top. Now it has:

/home/tehyev/public_html/home/tehyev/public_html/fonts/Verdana.TTFWarning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tehyev/public_html/fortune.php:4) in /home/tehyev/public_html/fortune.php on line 21

How can I fix that?