xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

First Ever Sig, Inevitably Not The Best Of Sigs I thought that i should learn.

So, i thought that i have been depriving myself of the knowledge of making sigs for too long, so i had my first attempt, i have done abit with photo shopping and photo editing (all in gimp) but never a sig.

So i made a sig in GIMP, i also (for the sig) made a pattern for scan lines which seemed to work well.

Please give me some constructive comments, bearing in mind that i am a complete n00b :(

Posted Image

Ps, if anybody is interested, check out my Rc truck bash video i made yestereday :( its quite good i think :lol:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

EDIT:: Missed off the boarder :(, that is now on :(

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

:( Thanks, i am going to try another one later today, but i will be using my own picture of my truck, so that the sig can be for my forum :(I have a question (since you seem quite/very experienced) the way i built it up was with the red swirly bit as a layer, then a layer of randomness, using a lot of different brushes, all black, but when i tried to change the color balance of that layer, nothing changed, whats up with that :lol: Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

Lol. Cause you cant colour balance black areas. You can always try Hue/Saturation instead - Tick colorize and shift the lightness up. Vary the hue/saturation to your desire.

I agree that sig is actually pretty good.. just a few things that could be done are Blending the render just a bit. and also try using differnt text and also try blending the text in to kinda match the sig

Thanks Ink, i actually wrote the title before it was done, and was predicting it to be horriable, i have changed it to "not the best of sigs" :lol:I was going to be doing another tonight of a pic of my truck, but it started raining :(Ill do another one at about 10 tonight (uk time)