xisto Community
sweet_princess

Islam, Not Terrorism Proving you wrong

Well......i am not here to take part in debate and i m not here to hurt any body's feeling and believes.I am a guy from India where approx 190 millions people believe in Islam, but a question rises in my mind always that why in islam males are everything and females are nothing, in pakistan, afganistan,..and other islamic territories womens are not allowed to wear a simple JEANS and in other hand a male rapes a woman and law & order forgive him!!

As mr Jon Jon has written "virgins to fulfill your sexual needs in heaven. That's what the muslims believe."

is this right? if it is right why islam is increasing it's population???

I do not know who told Mr. Jon such kinds of things. Before that let me tell you something. I do not know much about politics. In my short head it would not catch. So I avoid the topic whether Islam is Terrorist or not.

Let me tell you what Islam means, Islam mean Peace and Love. And I request all the members do not comment any thing unless you know much better. Mr. Striker describe it pretty well. To learn Islam, it is not a very tough thing. Just read the Holy QURAN. I am sure in your neighbor library it is available in English Language. However What i know about sexual relation on Islam is. Islam dose not allow you to make love with other then your wife. It is so strict that if you do so then you will get the hight punishment. And Islam consider it is a greatest SIN. So how can you assume that to fulfill some one sexual need in haven you get that many virgin or what ever.I believe Mr. Jon say it because of lack of knowledge about Islam. Not only Mr Jon those of who tell Islam as terrorist is because they did not study that much.

Wise man says:

A little learning is Dangerous thing

Its good to see conversations like these being struck up. Atleast a part of certain misunderstandings are being resolved. I agree with most of the above said comments, and I'd like to point out some things as well.

Humans will always be humans (unless we evolve to another species :/), and thus the difference in ideologies will be prevailent. This however, is no excuse to disregard the basic foundations of humanity. There will always be extremes, and therefore extremists. People will try to mutate and violate the laws and codes of religion to their own selfish desires, ofcourse which is not acceptable, not just in Islam, but in other religions as well.

I am a Muslim, and a part of the non-extreme. The way I see things, these terrorist bombings and such are not Jihad (Holy war). Islam does not tell a Muslim to kill innocent civilians. Still, the pages of history are splattered with the blood of countless, nameless innocent souls caught in the mid-riff of extremes. This has to stop. And unless we start to understand the reasons and means of peaceful existence, its going to be very hard indeed. I just hope that the higher ups realize it before its too late and we have another major world war. With the current economic and political situation worldwide today, we sure are walking on pretty thin ice.

My apologies if this post is a bit off-topic, but I saw a need to address these issues in conjunction with the said topic.

I still don't understand where the misunderstanding here is. Islam does not say that virgins will be waiting to have sex with you in the bliss of heaven, it says you will be covered by the hospitality of love. This has nothing to do with terrorism, many other religions claim that the after life is sweater than what we live now, heaven has held the same semblance of nirvana and happiness as in any other belief.Islam, does in no way preach violence. Just because some interpret the Koran as a way to instigate hatred towards infidels, does not mean that suddenly Islam has to fall into the mold of preconceptions. The fact of the matter is that Islam teaches peace and harmony as much as the next. How can you blame a religion for having individuals who take part in holy wars? The Crusades involved Christians vs. Muslims for land, both sides took part claiming their God had given them this path, one of blood shed. Riots in India tear the country apart, bombings and slaughters down there could make even the worst crimes in the US seem like jokes. I have had the displeasure to know people who killed, massacred by Muslims or Hindus. Why? Because religion has different interpretations and influences on different people. Conflict is bound to happen, because we share the same Earth but hold different views we can't always prevent clashes, but that doesn't mean we blame it on a religion. Note: I'm not Muslim, yet I would never accuse it of bringing upon us terrorism, I would accuse the idiots who misinterpret it and take innocent lives. (terrorists)

Well......i am not here to take part in debate and i m not here to hurt any body's feeling and believes.I am a guy from India where approx 190 millions people believe in Islam, but a question rises in my mind always that why in islam males are everything and females are nothing, in pakistan, afganistan,..and other islamic territories womens are not allowed to wear a simple JEANS and in other hand a male rapes a woman and law & order forgive him!!

As mr Jon Jon has written "virgins to fulfill your sexual needs in heaven. That's what the muslims believe."

is this right? if it is right why islam is increasing it's population???

A man who rapes, according to the laws of Islam is supposed to be sentenced to death. Rape is much less frequent in Islamic countries.

OK...you're going to laugh at this but the Islam word for 'virgin' has multiple meanings. It can also mean 'dates'. Therefore, the verses from the Koran which claim that a man will have 72 virgins in heaven, could actually have the true meaning of 72 dates. 'Dates' as in the fruit, lol.

islam is a violent religion. most muslims aren't violent but a high percentage of world terrorism comes from muslims not christians, buddhists, jewish and others. its just a pity to the non violent muslims that they are represented by the rest of the muslims the violent muslims.