xisto Community
axlefoley2001

College! gah

That's why you research your professors online to see their class outline and others' opinions on the professor. It's called rateyourprofessor.com or something. I use it everytime I schedule for new classes. And college is supposed to be challenging right? Heck, whatever your major is it's pretty much mandatory to know everything about that subject, right?, to be able to perfect your occupation and have a good prosporous career?I don't get it when people complain about their classes. If you scheduled for it, then deal with it, if you took the time to use resources, esp. the internet, you can get a nice little background check on each class you have to sign up for plus the professors that teach the courses.

That is just how it is. You have to just schedule your classes in a good way. I have had a hard time too. They welcome you with open arms and when you ask about work they change the subject. It will be ok. I just take one thign at time.

& it doesnt help when the college you go to is really relaxed about things! - like mine! i need to get my *bottom* in gear, seriously. the work load is hard but I guess its toughing us up for the real world, when you leave for Uni & start to work.. so think of it positivley =]

You're probably just expecting it to be like high school. I don't know about you, but I never had to study in high school. In undergrad, I had to study a little, but still not a lot. In grad school, I had to study all the time! A big part of it is a learning curve. After a few years of undergrad, I pretty much knew what prof's were looking for and I could study a lot less. After my first year of grad school, the same thing happend. Start working on a system for studying, eventually it will save you time.

Just as the others replied, college is no cake walk through the garden :( High School is suppose to prepare you for college but in reality most high schools teach you stuff some learned in lower grade levels which makes the student unsure if he/she is ready for the college life.One slip up in college and your in a frantic rage to get caught up. The work may be a lot and the time limit may seem too short but the professors are expecting you to already have prior knowledge of the material they're teaching you.Only thing that will help you not think about the over whelming work is to gain a mental focus to just do the work on a level your professor will give you a good grade. As we all may know, professors grade your work very strictly. So, it won't get any easier for you my friend :P

Oh man I'm scared about going into college! I'm only a Junior in high school but I'm still thinking about it a lot. I heard about all the work that there is in college and it seems so overwhelming! I am a pretty hard worker, and I have some responsiblity but that doesn't mean I don't get burned out :lol:.

u have more work than u can ever imagine its really bad!! :'(

Oh my >.< I hope that I can get through it, if I get into college that is xD

Ugh, don't even talk to me about college. I failed one class in high school, didn't get my diploma on time, couldn't go to the college I want, now I've been out of school for a year because I just feel miserable about the whole thing.Right now I'm working so I can get things all settled out...it'll be a while though.

Well if you plan out your college life in terms of how many classes you take a semester that their nothing to really stress about. Right now I am taking 3 classes a semester, because it's a good workload I can handle without any problems come test time and start pulling out my hair. Of course this is coming fro ma community college student and not a full blown university student, so it could be different. If you think you can' handle the full college life go to a community college, so in that way you can learn at a somewhat slower pace and don't have to feel rushed when doing the work.

There are many people that dont plan their college and end up with horrible teachers or taking longer to finish their college. When I was going to the University I would always plan ahead 2 or 3 semesters and I would always ask people about the teachers, because the grades you get there will probably affect you in the future.