xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NigaiAmaiYume

Looking For A Portable Digital Voice Recorder Doubling as an MP3 player a bonus

I'm looking to purchase a digital voice recorder to try and take advantage of story plotting that occurs at work while I'm cleaning. (Step 2: Voice Recognition Software. Step 3: ... Step 4: WORLD DOMINATION!!!!)Right now, I'm looking for as good a balance between quality and price that I can. Decent storage is always nice, although I'm not sure how much I'd use - anywhere from 1 hour to 6, knowing me. o_OExtra features aren't necessary, although the ability to save a few MP3s on a tiny little flash player I'm carting around anyway is a nice bonus.Durability is another issue - I tend to be TOUGH on things, as well as a little accident prone. Anyone aware of particularly fragile products I should avoid, feel free to mention.Any suggestions, overall?

There is a plethora (I've ALWAYS wanted to actually use that word :blink:) of small, flash-based MP3 players out there that double as voice recorders. However, I believe that if you want a decent quality voice recorder, forgo the MP3 portion and purchase a device dedicated to voice recording, as the quality and features will be far superior.

Edited by adamtirella (see edit history)

Digital Voice Recorder capabilities

Looking For A Portable Digital Voice Recorder

I just wanted to ask, Is there a Digital Voice Recorder that could record streaming media (Internet Radio) while connected to the computer's USB port or Video card port?

Thanks.

-question by Tim Seaborn

I use an RCA Opal as my Mp3 player, and it has a very nice built in microphone and line-in recording.It's also cheap, I got my 8GB for under $70 at Wal-Mart.'The downside is Tech Support for it SUCKS, but, overall, I'm more than satisfied with it.