xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

Need Help With A Network / Printer Lock Up Cannot delete file in que, so no printing can be done

Ok, so the way the network is set up is like this, (with more computers but this is just an example)Computer (a -----> network hub <------ Computer(b ^ l l l vPrinter (1So computer (b tryed to print a document on printer (1, now at the top of the que (since 7 this morning, it is now 7 in the evening) is that document, at about 8 this morning the printing task was "Deleted" so the current status is "Deleting printing" but in no way will it delete the printing (it has had I have tryed to delete the printing from Computer (a and Computer (b and i have restarted the printer, nothing seems to work. :) Any suggestions on what to do :) Thanks, Ben

I'm not quite sure what to do, but maybe you should try shutting down everything, comptuers, router, and printer. It works for me whenever my router gets screwed up. If that doesnt work then it is something with Windows. You could try removing the printer and then reinstalling it to. Hope it works out well for you.

I think you can setup your printer as 'off-line' in the print manager.When it's setup as 'off-line' you can delete the job in the queue.Works sometimes, otherwise you have to restart the computer but then all printjobs are gone.

I do not know if this would work, but have you tried to restart the computer? or even unplug the printer from the computer console. That is what I susually do when I have problems. It should get rid of it within a couple of seconds.

Yeah, we tryed that several times, but the print was still there, it was being saved on all the computers (5-8 depending if the laptops are on) as a print task. By restarting the printspooling on the computer which the printer was hooked up to that cleared the task