xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
--Stealth--

What Is Cold Fusion ???

ColdFusion is a Adobe Language and for version 8 it is about $1,399 USD. So it is very expensive. Also, a site programmed in ColdFusion would be MySpace. Just look at the file extension on one of the pages.

Flex is not a server-side language? Can anyone correct me.. I barely now this stuff but need to tackle them one day..
Can anyone compare it to PHP? What are its strengths?

Yes, you are right - Flex is not a server-side language. It is a framework based on ActionScript that you can use to create Adobe Flash based front-ends. It provides a level of abstraction over Flash, thus enabling you to develop web-based software faster.

I would say comparing PHP with Flex is like comparing PHP with client-side Javascript... it's like comparing apples and oranges. One is a server-side scripting technology while the other is a client-side scripting technology. Both technologies address different problems.