xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wassie

Soundcard Problem

hi guys,i just got a new soundcard. an Creative X-FI XtremeMusic.But when i put it in my computer my whole system doesn't work.I tried putting the soundcard in an other slot. But that also wont work.I thought the soundcard was broken, but i sended it to a shop to get tested.And the soundcard is good.Someone said i maybe needed a BIOS update.Does anyone know another reason why this could be?greetingswassie

This card would not be compatible with your PC. I had I kind of this problem once but it was with the graphics card, it appeared that it isn't compatible with my PC. Did updating the BIOS solved the issue?

Most computers today have a PCI slot, so I doubt its uncompatibality with his computer. Are you sure you hooked everything up correctly? Also, I wouldn't recommend updating the BIOS unless you know a lot about computers, because people who are new to computers can screw it all it up with a BIOS update.

check the requirements against your own setup. see what you may be missing. some basic product requirements as listed on creative.com:

* Genuine IntelŽ PentiumŽ III 1 GHz, AMDŽ 1 GHz processor or faster * Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard chipset
* MicrosoftŽ WindowsŽ XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
* 256MB RAM
* 600MB of free hard disk space
* Available PCI 2.1 slot for the audio card
* CD-ROM/CD-RW or CD/DVD-ROM required for software installation
* Graphics card with DirectXŽ 9 and OpenGLŽ compliant 3D graphics accelerator

also, it may just be loosely connected to your PCI slot.

but then again, i figure this won't affect your system from booting up, if ever. most often, it would simply just be unrecognized and not be identified properly in your device manager.

if your computer will not work with the new card installed, yet will resume functioning properly when it is removed again, then it could likely be a hardware conflict of sorts.

All computers come with PCI Slots. It's not a matter of being able to install it in the computer, but a matter of getting the computer to recognize and run with the soundcard installed. Just as a couple others above mentioned, I suspect your computer doesn't meet the hardware requirements, so you should check the box, and open up dxdiag (DirectX Diagnostics tool if you didn't know, open start-run-type dxdiag) and it will give you all the system specs. Compare them with the requirements on the box.

I have all the system requirements,but i'll try to update my bios. And i'll format my pc and all.And then if it still wont work, i'll call Acer.

what's the meaning of Bit depth, sampling rate, and feature set???my teacher speak that quality of Sound Card is determine by them.thank's before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where I can get the information about the best Sound Card for PC and Notebook???? :):):rolleyes::rolleyes::o:):D:huh:

where I can get the information about the best Sound Card for PC and Notebook and download my sound card???? :):):rolleyes::rolleyes::o:):D :huh:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

All depends what you want to do with your sound card.If it's just for playing games and play some MP3 files, almost any soundcard will be good.Mostly I use the soundcard built-in on the mainbord, and I don't place an addional sound card.