xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mtanonymous

Cell Phones/ Mp3 Players?!?!?! Thats pretty intense.

I recently bought a new cell phone a sony ericsson w600i :) , Its a phone and a 256mb MP3 player(thatsnot much but still. they came out with another modle of it thats even sweater. so have any of you seen or have any other cellphones/mp3 players. And if you have What are they??? Thankyou, MTAnonymous

I never preferred phones which have multiple functions in a sense that it allows you to listen music and take pictures. I would rather listen to music on my MP3 player and take pictures on a camera. These multiple function enabled phone does not give you as much quality as you would expect with a standalone device. I am currently using Sony Ericsson K800 as my phone and the Creative MuVo as my MP3 player. At the moment, I am using my Sony Ericsson K800 camera and until I have the money to get a powerful camera, I am going to stick to it.

I really like my w810, Im not a person who cant live without a bunch of music all the time, so it beats an ipod for me, and since I dont regularly print the photos I take, the phone is perfectly fine for web based resolution. So if you are kind of like me, then I would definitely recommend it. Why carry a bunch of objects when you can just carry one?

thats a awsome phone one of my friiends has one and it is really cool pretty expensive though but i really like it. and ive seen this one from teen mobile but the blackberry but im not sure if it has an mp3 player on it and there this other one its one of those motorola slim phones it has i tunes or something on it

Personally, I prefer to have my standalone MP3 player AND my cell phone. The standalone MP3 player holds a LOT more songs than any of the cell phone/MP3 players that are currently on the market. That will probably change in the future, depending on how far cell phone manufacturers want to go with things, but for right now I prefer having hundreds or thousands of songs on hand.I also dislike camera phones even though I have one (it came free with my cell phone contract - I could either go with this one or pick another, smaller phone...that also has a camera). The image quality stinks. Even my cruddy little Wal-Mart HP digital camera takes better photos than the stupid phone does.

Personaly, I have a Sony ericsson W810i cell phone. This handset is related to the first of them in design. I think no other phone has luminosity sensor like w810i has. I like everyting at this phone from the design to the feautures it has! I recomended to all of you! And it's only 95$! :P Everyone can buy it!

Edited by PEUGEOT (see edit history)

I dont know what is happening but today people want all sorts of features in cell phones and over all its not only for a phone these days and is more like a MP3 or a Video player. This is a great advance becuase you can make only one purchase instead of 2 or 3. This is a also a bad thing because you do not get the quality you might get in a good MP3 player like Ipod or Sony walkman. This matter is still very debatable. Some people prefer things like audio and video in their phone also because you can capture things with the camera which i prefer over going and buying an expensive camera. Technology is great. I hope to see more advances.

Depends on the quality of pictures you want to take. If you just want to "point and shoot" then using a phone cam over a mid-to-high range camera will do nicely. Same thing goes for the digital music player. Storage is a bit limited, so if you want more song files, perhaps an iPod (or equivalent) is the way to go.Having said all that, if you get a mobile phone then look for one that includes software where you can import sound files from your CD collection.

Edited by shigajet (see edit history)

I would look forward to that phone by Apple. The people who make iPod. That is a fully fledged phone with all of the capabilitys of an iPod. It also has other features like weather, and things like that. Its probably going to be pretty expensive, but with all of those features. It is called the iPhone. Here is the link to the site. Go check it out and look into it. I think it looks pretty neat. ]
http://www.apple.com/iphone/
Hope this helps.

hehe thursday my grandma is going to verizon and getting me a motokrzer fire my dad a motokrzer black and herself a motokrzer white my dads giving her the money and were all going to have a different of the three colors before this ive never had a cellphone and im going to get a awesome one :P so its going to have a mp3 player built into mine i cant wait :D

I would look forward to that phone by Apple. The people who make iPod. That is a fully fledged phone with all of the capabilitys of an iPod. It also has other features like weather, and things like that. Its probably going to be pretty expensive, but with all of those features. It is called the iPhone. Here is the link to the site. Go check it out and look into it. I think it looks pretty neat. ]http://www.apple.com/iphone/
Hope this helps.

I remember this thing about the iPhone - they distributed about a thousand or so, realised that they had forgotten (I think, it was a while ago that I saw this on TV so I don't quite remember) the audio features of the phone and so had to recall them all. It was either the audio features or the actual mobile phone features.... It was completely idiotic and so funny which is why I remembered it.

And as for my phone.. It has a "media centre" where I can play and record audio and video, but I have something like one single song on there and the memory's flooded. And it was a 2006 release phone too :D -- so I'm a little disappointed with the somewhere about 56mb (56!! Sheesh!) memory they gave me. Oh, and I take so many photos that the shared memory is full of those too!

It would be nice if you could uninstall some things from your phone that you didn't want to free up more space, like java games (which I don't have any use for whatsoever - PSP all the way!), why on earth would the people at Samsung headquarters assume that everyone wants to shoot robot aliens in their phone??

</rant> :P

I agree with the people who say that having an mp3 player and a phone. I have a Samsung SGH-X660 cell phone. It has a pretty weak camera and no mp3 or anything. And yes, I have an mp3 player. I think that having they combined is ok if you don't your pocket to be stuffed and not so heavy but it still has disadvantages like, if you listen to music so much as I do you will have to recharge the battery like every second day. I used it's camera though until I got my digital camera. It's not too good...640x480 but..the pictures are ok. And yea, I like cameras in phones. They are pretty handy because you wont carry your camera always with you but you will always (atleast me) take your phone..

Just a curiosity....most cel phones in Japan can take pictures that range from 1.3 to 3.2 megapixels...and I think there are some models that have more than that. How about the North American and European models?