xisto Community
idle

A Wallpaper I Made quite a while ago =)

That is a nice wallpaper. But you have a big colouring problem, these ones doesn't match. And you do realize that some of the words are unreadable, maybe it is the desired effect, you know. And keeping half the wallpaper black isn't a good thing.But in general it is really abstract, I can't imagine a thing while looking at it.

Half of the wallpaper being black isn't that bad of a thing, if the wallpaper were to be used. The shortcut icons could be placed there. However, the blackness takes up more than half of the wallpaper; not really a good thing, here. And i agree with Hadi, not all the colors match. Also, adding some contrast may improve it a bit. Out of all the text, i had trouble reading "summer".

I'm happy to see someone posting a wallpaper :) I'd love to see more of those over here at Xisto. I don't mind the black at all. The colors indeed don't match very well, but I think you'll overwin that problem easily, it's not like you really need to follow a tutorial for that or something. The effects look really good, I like the texts, it doesn't bother me so much that it's hard to read. It's not a book, and I'm quite used to wallpapers with unreadable text. As long as the overall 'look' of the text looks flattering on my desktop, it's great enough for me :) Also, maybe this wallpaper is a resized version of the original, but I'm mentioning anyway: it's very small. Nowadays people have got much larger screens :P 800x600 pixels is a bit too 1998, so make sure you make wallpapers in different resolutions from now on, as big as possible.... I am sure you will improve and I'm looking forward to seeing your next works! :P

As hadi said, many words became unreadable with your effects... I like those effects however you should give words a higher priority... And yes, I agree with the others, there are some colors which just don't match with the others... In fact, the background indeed is nice, however after you have added that middle part... It just don't fit it...

Heh yeah i know the colors dont blend, and other than the text being hard to see, most of it was roughly anticipated. Didnt want the wallpaper to stand out too much, if not my icons make it extremely messy =s

THAT IS AMAZING!I don't have ANY reservations about it! It's GREAT! I like the black, I like the choice of colours, and I like the lighting and effects! It's one of the best I've seen in a LONG time, and believe me, I've seen a LOT of wallpapers. But this one just blows the rest away. I LOVE IT! *right click - set as wallpaper*

Heya all, i made this wallpaper.. It's still pretty rough and kinda scratch idea, but whatya think :P

Posted Image

I always get lost on desktop pretty soon so i divided it into things i use most (croatian language on some folders). This helps.. If you like it i'll upload PSD, so you can make similar. It get's bit off when you use single line, or autohide taskbar so a bit of y coordinates centering is needed!