xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
boludo66

Mars Probes Snap Stunning Images Of Giant Crater

It's nice to see technology advancing like this. It's amazing to think that something thats not alive could take such incredible pictures. Good find!

It's always nice to see new images of those planets that are the closest to planet Earth.After seeing many images from Mars, I feel that the planet doesn't look as dead as we've previously thought and if it's possible for humans to go up there, it would be a great thought knowing that in the future, we may be going up there on holidays or evacuating Earth if this global warming crisis becomes a serious issue.That's a nice picture of the Mars crater, nice find :)

Wow, that is fairly cool (well, hot :)), I wish I could go there someday. Maybe the general public will someday, but not in my lifetime :P. Still, great pictures, and better than nothing :)

Sooo, you like space and such huh? Me to. =P Check this out, its pretty interesting actually.

Posted Image

This false-color view combines frames taken by the panoramic camera on NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity on the rover's 652 through 663 Martian days, or sols (Nov. 23 to Dec. 5, 2005), at the edge of Erebus Crater. The mosaic is presented as a vertical projection. This type of projection provides a true-to-scale overhead view of the rover deck and nearby surrounding terrain. The view here shows outcrop rocks, sand dunes, and other features out to a distance of about 25 meters (82 feet) from the rover. Opportunity examined targets on the outcrop called "Rimrock" in front of the rover, testing the mobility and operation of Opportunity's robotic arm. The view shows examples of the dunes and ripples that Opportunity has been crossing as the rover drives on the Meridiani plains.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Source http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Always use QUOTE bbcode when copying another source.

I love and hate seeing images from space. On the one hand, I love to see the images and awe in their glory and the beauty of colour, especially the gas clouds around new stars. Although I hate to see them as it makes me feel so insignificate, the Universe is in sanely large and on the scale needed to measure it I don't even stand. In the words of a friend "It's a blip of a blip of a blip..." By that he means that it's not even a tiny amount, it's smaller.I guess that's why people do crazy things to make their names "go down in history", simply because they are affraid to face their own mortality and realise just how insignificant we all are. Wow. The universe is stupidly large and we have only seen a blip of a blip of....it, it'll many many years before we really understand even a blip of life.Mind you, we'll have probably killed each other by then, Nuclear war and all that Jazz.Grey.

Hmm, the size of the universe might be an illusion caused by the limitations of senses not evolved to understand it's true dimensions or essential aspects.Puzzling? Not really. But look at it this way. If you could be ANYWHERE you wanted to be by just deciding to be there, then what would the word 'distance' mean to you? Or would you even have such a word in your vocabulary?Just some personal thoughts, nothing more. But as our minds and knowledge grow over the next few billion years I have the feeling we're going to find the universe is a lot smaller and more finite than it seems to us now.

I like to see space images also, the colors and stars look amazing, kind of like if the picture had been messed up with photoshop. I wonder if humans will ever colonize mars, it seems like a worthless idea, but I dont know, maybe they can find some kind of precious stone or useful material over there. Something that you cant find on earth.

I love space and anything space related. Thank you for the images.Have any of you browsed through the galleries on the Nasa site? Some awesome pics there. Especially in from the Hubble space telescope.

Wow, Yratorm, I never actually thought of it like that. If we do indeed discover technologies that allow us to 'teleport' so to speak to places far far away (infact even quite relatively close like the moon or mars) the universe would seem a million times smaller! If we could eventually skip ourselves over to the otherside of the universe and be back in time for dinner then all this whole the universe is massive thing would just....vanish.Wow, I really never though of it like that. I really am stuck in my own mortality. I guess I need to watch the matrix a few more times and try and open my mind a little more. I though I was so liberal and open to things like that already :P Damn you and you thinking further outside the box than I did. :D Well thanks for opening my mind a little.