xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Half Life 2 Is Out!

Half-Life 2, the much hyped sequel to Half-Life, which won over 50 game of the year awards and was named 'best PC game ever' by PC Gamer Magazine, was released today.

It is sooooo sweet. You can pickup anything, well .. anything thats not to big (your not superman). Its kinda futureistic, but not so bad that it makes it lame, like 5-10 years or something. And the government has taken over kinda... i think. I didnt really pay attention alot to the storyline... i just wanted to shoot some stuff. Its pretty sweet throwing a barral at someone and then shooting it and making it blow up :(.

yea, it's an awesome game... but it seems too similar to the first one (storyline) so far. btw, how do u throw objects far away? i can only drop them when i pick them up... :(

Posted Image

hehehe? global game authentication seems to have bogged down Valve's Steam

servers for some time. :( frustrations, frustrations, frustrations...

I knew the online autentication process was going to be more trouble than its worth. Oh well, that what the offline patch its for. I hope it goes down in price soon, $50 is still a lot of money for me.

I knew the online autentication process was going to be more trouble than its worth. Oh well, that what the offline patch its for. I hope it goes down in price soon, $50 is still a lot of money for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

Have you checked the fliers for black friday sales? Maybe you get lucky and could grab it for something like $30, i don't know but you never know. Check out eb.com or compusa and bestbuy.com.

I am so backed up with games that i can wait for a real steal on that one.

See ya

Patrick :(

yea how is this game????? Im looking for a new game that is going to be better than socom 2 untill socom 3 comes out hopefully sony will have it out by next year. IM sure they are trying to stop all the glitchers and cheeters trying to ruin it for that rest of the regular players. Well im gunna look into this game then ill get back to your guys

well, I finished it today and yes, it is a great game.The new physics based gaming is a pretty neat idea, you can interact with pretty much every object in the game. You have extended areas of the game which you travel by vehicles (a boat and a buggy to be exact) and you have a limited number of weapons like in HL1, but the gravity gun as mentioned is the most unique. How does picking up a radiator and using it as a shield sound?

^Sounds very fun and original. That shows that this game is very interactive, unlike most of the games we see today that are nothing but "interactive" movies with few minigames thrown on the side.

It is the best game ever made. Far superior graphics compared to games like Doom 3, and Far Cry. They released HL2 Deathmatch so now you can play HL2 with other people on cool maps and they have Team deathmatch as well.IT OWNZ!! :D

I don't agree that it has better graphics actually.Farcry had much better environmental graphics, the trees and the beaches and the water was awesome.Doom 3 was technically superior, it used the lighting much better.HL2 has awesome character grahics, the faces, animations and ragdoll physics of the characters are very realistic.