xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
farsiscript

Xp In New Skin question ?

Hi alli tarid windows xp , and i want make one new skin for windows xp . i search at google and i find some software for windows skin . but i want to know how can make own skin for windows ?all skin in " skin software " are not free :) How can do that (make own skin ) ? or find free software ?thanks all

you may want to check out this page for a list of softwares (some free, some are not) which can be helpful in customizing the look and feel of windows.
http://www.wincustomize.com/explore

that will give you a start. will check if i can find other tools you can use. :)

I also would like to know how to make my own skin for Windows XP.. My friend gave me some other skin about the Nissan Skyline from 2Fast 2Furious and it's really cool!

I might have to try this as well. I enjoyed the trial I had of different themes. I 'm downloading the Logon Studio now to see if I could make a Login Screen that would be pretty cool. I didn't really get to experiment before because I didn't want to not be able to put it back when the trial was over and be stuck with the same theme forever. With the free software I should be able to do whatever I want :) Thanks for the link.

Well even i got this craze to make a theme for windows.I asked the Guys at MSFN and they gave me some software name. But that was only for personal use and edits minor things.The windows theme is stored in different parts like system32 folder , a different theme file used by windows.But i learned by research and experience that the files in system32 folder are the main ones if yu want to edit.To get a list of the files to edit is tough. But if you have ever tried the vista transformation pack or the Brito pack they show a list of files they are editing.Also changes are made within the registry. All this is tough and one way you can edit them is using ResHack as these are all .exe(executable files). If you manage to make a theme like the vista transformation pack or the Brito pack you can earn $$$$$$.I left that project as it was very time consuming.Hope this helps