xisto Community
alexviii

The Greatest Lie Of The Demon Has Been To Convince Us That It Doesnt Exist

The greatest lie of the demon has been to convince us that it doesn't exist

I belwive this is true. We convince our self that the "evil" doesn't exist. Who told that masturbation, sex before marriage, to judje others, betrayal, etc. are bad thinks?

I beleive they are, and I beleive that because thoese thinks gave me only deception.

So, do you think that most of he people are wrong when they think that what give us a pleasure is something good? or what give us pleasure may be bad?

I didn't exactely get what's your point in this topic, but I think you mean that having fun in things that religion has prevented their people from doing, is actionnally the work of the devil, who his purpose is to lead us to the bad side without knowing.If that what you mean then I totally agree with you, because most people don't beleive in heavan or hell, so they don't beleive in the deamon, in the meantime this bad creature start to make people think that having fun with bad activities, like sex before marriage, drugs etc... is actionely a good thing!! Having fun or the pleasure isn't not ''legal'' in the religions. But having too much fun is forbidend. You can't always think of God and pray to him 24 on 7 and be nice all the time and never get angry, but you must do bad things so that you can confess and that way God will have mercy on you! In fact one of the religions told:'' People mustn't always do good deeds but they must do a little bit of bad ones so that they can feel the mercy of God''

I don't actualy think doing anything which brings us pleasure is bad... Then again, I'm an atheist, so there you go...What is marriage? Marriage is an artificial creation... In my opinion, churches said, doing this, or doing that, is bad, just to frighten people, and to bring them to their side, claiming if they don't repent themselves, they will burn in hell... In my oppinion, bunch of horse hockey...If I have sex before marriage (and I did, so I guess that's a sin, among others I have), and I enjoy it, there's no way in hell I'm going to stop it... Why is it bad? I want to hear one good reason, why would it be bad? How does that make me closer to demons or whoever?I'm prepared to burn in hell, if I'm wrong with my oppinion, but somehow, I doubt I'm wrong... But it's my choice... What were people doing before churches showed up? Did all those millions and millions of people all end up in hell? Doubt it too... People shouldn't believe in church, if they want to believe in something, then believe in goodnes, kindness, and humanity, not some stoney, cold building, with bunch of people, dressed all in black...I don't believe in demons, in a conventional sense, since, human beings can be very demonic when they try... But I don't believe sex before marriage is bad, I do believe drugs are bad, but hey, if one wants to ruin hers/his life, who am I to stop them, etc...

I interpret alexvii's question as whether what brings pleasure is necessarily connected with good, as perhaps is generally perceived by common ethics. The answer to this is obviously no, since in any large group of people there is inevitably one person who gets pleasure from something not good. Rape is an example, where one person feels pleasure at another person's expense; furthermore, this act is unethical. I do not mean to connect ethical decision making with religion (I am an atheist), but I do mean to connect responsibility with ethics. For a theologian to teach that rape is a bad thing is superfluous, since it is evident from the beginning that it is an unethical and antisocial deed.

When an action brings pleasure, it can bring a sense of well-being to a single person. However, the ideal goal of humanity is pleasure throughout the world, not just one individual. In order to satiate this gigantic need, each person has to be responsible in making decisions, so that the decision may bring about the common good. After all, the meaning of life is happiness and fulfillment, and the greatest manifestation of this is globally; therefore the care of every person is directly related with our natural existence. The groundwork of any religion to be taken seriously is founded in the general idea that happiness is good, but good only insofar that the common good is achieved. The variations among the religions is attributed to their different views on exactly what constitutes good and happiness.

The things you mention, alexvii,---premarital sex, maturbation, judging others, perfidy---are what is called antisocial behaviours. The term itself does not classify these acts as either good or evil, only that they are contrary to the accepted social norms of the present society. If we examine the same acts under a different culture, we can see them quite differently. From an Ancient Greek perspective, where marriage meant very little in respect to sexual loyalty, premarital sex is not antisocial at all. If the fact that gender meant nothing to the Greeks when determining sexual partners (who may be someone entirely different then their spouse) does not illustrate this, then certainly orgies do. There is also no Greek law concerning or writings condemning masturbation (that I am aware of). Judging others was common practise in any ancient society; social classes were maintained in this way. The gods punished with poverty those who were evil, and the gods rewarded those who were righteous with power and wealth.

What brings pleasure is not necessarily good, especially considering that good is a function of society and is hardly ever static. Nevertheless, the common good should always be taken into account even in every day life, regardless of moral views.

I belwive this is true. We convince our self that the "evil" doesn't exist. Who told that masturbation, sex before marriage, to judje others, betrayal, etc. are bad thinks?
I beleive they are, and I beleive that because thoese thinks gave me only deception.

So, do you think that most of he people are wrong when they think that what give us a pleasure is something good? or what give us pleasure may be bad?

The way i determine if something is wrong, or right...is simple. If it effects someone else, and makes them hurt, it is wrong. But if it doesn't actually effect another person [or animal actually], it isn't wrong. Masturbation and sex before marriage really doesn't effect anyone but the person [or people] involved with the situation, so what is the harm in it? Nothing. Judging people, is just that...everyone judges. We judge whether or not we like them, don't like them, or have no opinion...etc. Everyone judges, [and i know if everyone does it, it doesnt make it right but...] but if you keep it to yourself, no one is really getting hurt. I don't believe in the devil, people created the devil [in my opinion], as a tool to get people to do what they thought was right. You can scare anyone into believing something is bad...its just a scare tactic.

I don't actualy think doing anything which brings us pleasure is bad... Then again, I'm an atheist, so there you go...
What is marriage? Marriage is an artificial creation... In my opinion, churches said, doing this, or doing that, is bad, just to frighten people, and to bring them to their side, claiming if they don't repent themselves, they will burn in hell... In my oppinion, bunch of horse hockey...

If I have sex before marriage (and I did, so I guess that's a sin, among others I have), and I enjoy it, there's no way in hell I'm going to stop it... Why is it bad? I want to hear one good reason, why would it be bad? How does that make me closer to demons or whoever?

I'm prepared to burn in hell, if I'm wrong with my oppinion, but somehow, I doubt I'm wrong... But it's my choice... What were people doing before churches showed up? Did all those millions and millions of people all end up in hell? Doubt it too... People shouldn't believe in church, if they want to believe in something, then believe in goodnes, kindness, and humanity, not some stoney, cold building, with bunch of people, dressed all in black...

I don't believe in demons, in a conventional sense, since, human beings can be very demonic when they try... But I don't believe sex before marriage is bad, I do believe drugs are bad, but hey, if one wants to ruin hers/his life, who am I to stop them, etc...

I don't think you understand this. Sex before marriage is bad, because if you get that woman pregnant, you have no obligation to stay with her and help her. You can walk away. THAT'S not right. You should have to help take care of what you help create. And he wasn't reffering to everything that is pleasurable as bad. There's many many things you can do to have fun and be happy that do not include immoral acts. And, Church is not just a stoney, cold building. Have you ever gone to an LDS church? Ever attended to one on Sunday?

I am not trying to say your bad, and I have no reason to fight you over this, because it is your right to an opinion. As for the point of this topic, I believe it is 100% true. Satan's (In my beliefs) number one assault is to make people think there is no such thing as evil. nothing is going to happen if you hurt somebody. It's all right to do drugs. And he's very good at it, you can tell by just standing back and taking a good look at the world today.

These things do ruin peoples lives. You can see it happening everywhere. It amazes me, personally.

I think anything before or after marriage is a good thing. Its more about wether its good or not. I don't think you should have kids with a loved one before you get married because your not a true family because your not even husband and wife. But i do belive that things that are bad or evil are BAD! We will never find a smart person thats evil. Evil is not the choice. The only good thing is being truly inlove with your lover.

We will never find a smart person thats evil.

Please elaborate that statement? What does that really mean, because theres evil geniuses, many people who are 'evil' are very smart, are you reffering to the people who grew up in bad neighbourhoods, and now steal...but didn't go to school so they aren't 'smart'. I'm very confused on what that statement you made means.

Id also like to quote this and ask that even though satan as believed is not "human" if he succeeds in hiding evil from the world then he is rather intelligent.

I dont believe in heaven and hell for heaven and hell are different for every single person. Also what if you are madly in love with someone who also loves you too, and you die, then you go to "heaven" yet without that person "heaven" feels like hell...so there cant be a heaven or a hell for anything you experience (and at the risk of quoting an excellent film) is simply the interpretation of impulses from your nerves. And in the case we do have a soul, and i think we do, anything you experienced must be processed and then the label of good or bad will be applied. It all comes down to the illusions created by the mind. Heaven is only heaven if you believe it to be. That is related to the topic because it also implies that evil is only there if you believe it to be. I think that almost all humans are in fact evil. due to our destruction of our planet and its wildlife etc etc etc.. so if there is a satan trying to hide evil he needs to get into gear and do a better job of it.

I don't think any of the things first stated are bad at all, sex before marriage seems fair to me because in my opinion you dont need to be married to love someone, and though i think that to have sex you should love that person as it is a special connection you dont need to be married. Masturbation is in fact (for men at least) a natural way of keeping fresh healthy sperm ready to breed and therefore more likely to create a baby. I think the reason some believed it to be a sin is because it could be seen as killing thousands of potential babies.

Judging others is how the human race works, without judging others we couldnt make friends, talk, in fact we couldnt live. Humans have a horrible problem that we must judge and label everything and everyone otherwise we feel very uncomfortable. For example walking along the street you see a man dribbling making faces at people and running up to people screaming, it would cause you discomfort but you would feel more comfortable by telling yourself he is mentally troubled and needs help. Its just how we we are!

Betrayal yes, is bad in my opinion

I agree with JasperIk that by evil i mean something that would adversely affect another, unless of course they deserve such things which is another can of worms!

I don't think you understand this. Sex before marriage is bad, because if you get that woman pregnant, you have no obligation to stay with her and help her. You can walk away. THAT'S not right. You should have to help take care of what you help create.

Unfortunately I do agree with you on that part. I have a friend who is Pregnant and is due next month and I feel kind of bad we are all taking bets on how long her boyfriend is going to hang around. Whats sad is I know of cases where the boyfriend or even in some cases the girlfriend just take off and don't even pay child support and live on the run. Even when they get caught they just get thrown in jail, and who pays the money to help support the kid and the single parent? No one.
I'm not saying that all of the bad decisions are basically a sin, but basically are stuff your mother would tell you not to do and the "sin" just supposively makes it sound worse. Its up to you wither you should make that choice or not, but you should be prepared to take the consequences of your action. Under the right circumstances a sin could be the right choice.

I tend to disagree with that majorly. Wither you call a smart person a person with a high IQ or a person who just in general seems to have more knowledge and morals then the rest of us. Many serial killers have high IQ and last time I check in this reality serial killers are considered to be evil. Same thing with higher knowledge and morals, just look at those who bomb abortion clinics. Someone has to be some what smart to build a bomb and the obviously belive that abortion is wrong to the point where killing people is the only solution. Even some serial killers belive there actions are justified.

I think this is said with the word "wisdom" in mind. Wisdom is usually about knowing the difference between right and wrong, and justly acting upon it. Is real justice, perverted? Morality is learned. Doesn't good always prevail in the end? If evil was truly smart, then why do they fail in the end?

Please elaborate that statement? What does that really mean, because theres evil geniuses, many people who are 'evil' are very smart, are you reffering to the people who grew up in bad neighbourhoods, and now steal...but didn't go to school so they aren't 'smart'. I'm very confused on what that statement you made means.

im double-elaborating on this statement :lol:
People do not have to go to school, or college to be smart. My brother did not go to college and he is one of the most intelligent people I know. Hitler was in fact a very, very smart person. Don't you agree that in order to almost extinguish a whole "race" of people you would have to have some intelligence? So this statement is not well thought-out.