xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
special

Sites Disapeard, Mysql Errors? Also Server Folders Deleted

K gues all do that, questions tho. 1: When I terminate it coud I get the same account back then reseted with a new pass?And how or where do I terminate.Also I will use a more complex password in the future. Second keyloger? well I reinstalld this server within maintaince hour. So shoud be oke now altho I never go on unsafe sites.All be more watchfull with my accoun in the future thanxs for the great support gy's ( edit) terminated my account stil hope I can get my old 1 back. ( edit) terminated my account, now question remains can I get the same 1 back.

Edited by special (see edit history)

I think theres an easier explanation, phpbb plus.Im not sure how many of you go into the hacking underworld on the internet but there are hundreds of exploits for phpbb forums. The forum by itself is pretty stable, as long as its up the latest version.You can gain admin access through the Gender Mod... phpbb plus has that. Another big thing about premoddded forums is that they are never up to date with the latest phpbb version. There was a big exploit found a couple of versions ago which you could see the admin/username password as well as FTP info, where it connects too etc.That may have happened to you, im not sure. Dont use premods in the future, do it yourself!

Problem is not a phpbb plus forum, it has over 200 mods installd with over 20 protection mods. Inc protection way up 2 date. Also IE7 gives a insecure connection for cpanel. I think cpanel is not up 2 date and needs 2 be secure.Microsoft says its not so its not..cpanel coud be the exploid.

Do not spread rumors with situation that you're not familar. If cPanel is easily compromised as you are accusing, don't you think Xisto's 200+ members haven't already experienced it? Why is that just your account is affected?

This was the reason why I listed few scenarios. Please do not post with opinions that you cannot explain with a proof. IE7 is still under Beta testing phase and cannot auto secure with security authentication unless it is manually established. Do not blame Xisto or cPanel.

Your hosting account was compromised out side of Xisto control--this means either someone found out your password or performed injection that which your scripts were vulnerable. Let me guide you with directives:

1) cPanel was never reported as compromised
2) if you think an account was compromised, it's because someone had the right password
3) someone could not have had your password because your PC is secure, so what? Then it was an injection attack on your script(s)
4) my scripts were secure so it could not have been that. So someone exploited my account. Then see #1

To terminate your hosting go to the same Process page https://support.xisto.com/ which you used to create an account. It helps to read *everything* about Xisto :)

I just read your application, so this topic is now closed.