xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Slay

Slanted Pictures Adobe Photoshop 7+

This tutorial is not mine, it was made by a good friend called Lysander who is letting me repost it as long as I give him credit.

Tutorial: Slanted Pictures

Program: Adobe Photoshop

Example:

Posted Image

Ok make a new document any size. Mine is 350x140. Fill the background with Black. Get some brushes and brush with white. Then make a new layer and brush with black. Repeat this process switching between Black and White.

Posted Image

Grab a render and place it into your sig. Resize it using CTRL + T. Once your happy with the size press CTRL + U and set the saturation level to -100.

Posted Image

Ok now we need to add color. Make a color balance layer by going to Image > Adjustments > Color balance These are the settings I used but you can do different.

Midtones - 45, 26, -62

Shadow - -30, 19, -62

Highlights - 0, 0, 0

Now render clouds. Filter > Render > Clouds and make another colorbalance layer.

Midtones - 47, -39, 47

Shadow - 0, 0, 0

Highlights - 39, -43, 34

And redner clouds again and make a final colorbalance layer.

Midtones - -29, -31, 20

Shadow - 0, 0, 0

Highlights - 0, 0, 0

And render clouds.

Posted Image

Ok now add a border. Make a new layer and press CTRL + A and then goto

Edit > Stroke > 3pxl > Black > ok

Then

Edit > Stroke > 2pxl > White > ok

Then

Edit > Stroke > 1xl > Black > ok

Set that layer to Soft light

Now add some text. Once your happy we can make the signature slanted. Click the top layer and press CTRL + SHIFT + E to merge all layers. Press CTRL + A to select the whole image and then copy it.

Open a new document the same size but 20pxl wider and higher. Paste the signature into this document (transparent)

Go to Edit > Transform > Distort Move the corners around untill you have a slanted look. Right click the layer and set these blending options.

Drop shadow - Distance 8, Spread 31, Size 0.

Now goto File > Save as Make sure it is saved as a .PNG file.

There it is, also I'd like to once again thank Lysander for allowing me to post his tutorial!

Cool! A nice and easy way to make a sig, which I've been looking for for a while...And the slanted picture is cool...Can you make the background transparent, by saving it as a .gif and selecting the option, etc, etc? Or would it still be white on the internet?Anyways, awesome tutorial :) 10/10

Yeah, like randomdood said, the background isn't transparent in internet explorer but is in the other browsers. You can save it as a .gif and make it invisible in internet explorer but it loses quality. Anyways I'll be sure to relay your comment about it to Lysander. :)

just to let you know i think there might be a way of png's displaying sorrectly in IE but i have no idea how. if i do fond out how then i will let you guys know.until then i suggest getting firefox :)this tut is really good since it's like a basic sig+border+slantness tut in one. good work and i'll try to find out how to make it display properly in IE for you :P