xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

Need Some Suggestions On Making A Logo (have Done A Draft) For stickers etc.

Once i have done two shapes, i want to do some lines on the shape which is on the top layer, however i want the lines to finish right at the boundry of the second shape which is the second layer, how can i do this ?

On the menu on the left, use the tool that's made for bezier curves and straight lines. Shortcut should be Shift+F6. Then on the layer (or new layer) click on the edge of the boundary, then click on the other side of the edge where you want it to reach to, then click on the square that's at the start of the line. If you want to increase the thickness of the line, select the line with move tool (F1). Then go to Object > Fill and Stroke. On the "Stroke Style" tab, just increase the width.
If this is not what you're asking for, then i misunderstood.

This is the problem

I figured much, easy to fix. The border, have it set as the uppermost layer. And have the lines in the layer below that one, and make sure the lines pass the border just a bit. That way the border overlaps the edge of the lines.

Oh come on, True! You can do better than that. Combine the skill you use in your sigs into this logo!

Things I dislike:

The gradient colors

The lighting effects

THE FONTS

The colors overall

The shape

Since most websites won't want to change their entire color scheme to fit one logo anywhere, work with what they have. Most websites also use a shape for their logo, sometimes having text, sometimes not.

An easy to make logos is make a block or circle of a solid color and take an eraser and erase parts of it at random. You can end up with some pretty unique things. Or, if you're skilled in manipulating shapes, you can try to make something. Most logos are very simple to create, because the harder and more complicated a logo is, the harder it is to place it on things. Therefore, the simple shapes idea often works best because it creates a modern appeal and people are more likely to remember a shape relating to a site than they are a huge complicated logo. It's more pleasant. In addition, make use of colors! The more vivid a logo is, the more people will remember it.

In addition, if you're going to add text, add it NEAR the logo...not necessarily on it. It takes the appeal from both the text and the background, as you've displayed. Don't use default Photoshop filters unless you feel you can benefit from them, but play around with all forms of brushing and effects. If you continue to constrain yourself as to what a logo SHOULD be, you won't end up with that image. If you give yourself free reign and check it every once in a while, you should be able to come up with something fantabulous.

Examples to illustrate my point:

Posted Image

Note how you can make use of text and glamour at the same time! Best of luck :)

Ok, ill try that too, the reason i started with the text on the logo is that these stickers are for the bodys of peoples rc cars, so you cant really take up too much space. But ill give it a go!Trufusion, ill have to re do the boarder because what i have right now is a full oval and not just a boarder, but that can easly be done (hopefully)