xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zero Ziat

Ftp Connection Horribly Breaks Down ----/_____|---------...

So...I am uploading Xoops CMS (Already tried Joomla and Drupal and didn't like) because Fantastico's is outdated. My FTP Client connection breaks down continously alone. Is this my problem or is there a server issue I should know about?Should I send in a different mode like ASCII or Auto? I am also sending with PASV(Passive) parameters.Thanks by now.

FTP problems can result from many things. There are several links in the chain which could be breaking along the route which the file must travel from your computer to the Xisto server.When I was previously hosted elsewhere, and using dialup, the ftp process was difficult to keep open for more than about 3 minutes. I never did find out the problem, but it reminds me to ask you about what service are you on? Might make a difference.Also, there is a File Upload feature on the cpanel. If using your ftp is a problem, maybe try using Cpanel > File Manager instead of the ftp from your end..

I have problems with any host, when uploading many files and maps at 1ns. Then it gives a error after a whyle. So now I do map by map uploading and if it misses some files all select them manuelly and upload them.This has nothing 2 do with my connection I host private servers.. real fast line :)

A tutorial was written regarding mass file upload. Please refer to the tutorial section for more details of the following.

You can upload ZIP files (either sectioned zip or the whole structure as zip) and use cPanel to unzip. This will save time and refreshing of your directory listing when each file is successfully uploaded. And since unzip takes server's CPU it will be almost instantaneous unzip.

Try this method for any large amount of upload you have to do.

Further reading: How to save uploading time...