xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cerebral Stasis

Hostage Situation In Colorado School Gunner Has Bombs

As of the righting of this, the situation constitutes one armed gunman who has 4 hostages and, allegedly, an explosive device. Due to this, two schools have been shut down and evacuated.

Holding up schools is getting popular - everyone's doin' it.

More info.

Wow, this is scary. I live in Colorado and am not too far away from this (about an hour). Our school didn't do anything though. A lot of weird things like this has been going on in Colorado. About a week ago a construction worker shot a man by the movie theaters that I go to, but they eventually got him. I hope they get this guy quickly and help the hostages.

I saw this at Roberts (a place with really good ice cream and burgers). People about 2 hours away up in Green Bay, WI (or somewhere close to it), tried to do something Columbine like, but they got caught. Its unnerving, I mean what if it happened to my school, or anyone elses? It just wouldnt be good at all :/.

I wouldn't say that, jlhsalip. There are always cases in which violence is the only answer. For example, if you were being chased by someone with a passion to kill you that you did not understand. Some people will NOT bend to diplomacy.

It's so unfortunate when these things happen. Sometimes, we want to understand the underlining causes that led up to this: what motivated the person to do it? what did the person hope to have gained from his/her actions, why couldn't this person resolve his/her issues in another way...It's such a pity when people can't resolve their problems on their own or by asking for help and instead resolve to such extremes to get their point across.