xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
83perish

Silent Hill survival horror/mystery game

has anyone here played the silent hill game series? i have played(and finished) almost all of them except The Room, which is for ps2 only.for those who are not familiar with the game, silent hill is a konami game series, and all games take place in town of silent hill, which is some kind of cursed place, drifting in and out from reality to some strange hell-like dimension. to avoid possible spoilers, lets just say that game is creepy, but you are not afraid of monsters in the dark or anithing, but afraid of dark itself, not knowing what hides behind a corner when you hear creepy voices....well, i can recommand this game to all who love to solve puzzles, althou puzzles in silent hill are often quite disturbing, including hanged people, mutilations etc...

has anyone here played the silent hill game series? i have played(and finished) almost all of them except The Room, which is for ps2 only.

for those who are not familiar with the game, silent hill is a konami game series, and all games take place in town of silent hill, which is some kind of cursed place, drifting in and out from reality to some strange hell-like dimension.
to avoid possible spoilers, lets just say that game is creepy, but you are not afraid of monsters in the dark or anithing, but afraid of dark itself, not knowing what hides behind a corner when you hear creepy voices....

well, i can recommand this game to all who love to solve puzzles, althou puzzles in silent hill are often quite disturbing, including hanged people, mutilations etc...

Nope I haven't played it, but I hear it is very good game! The movie is good too, but yeah....

It's funny how I never knew thgat Silent Hill was a game until after I seen the movie. I suppose I don't get out much. I liked the movie and it would be cool if they make a sequel to it.

It's funny how I never knew thgat Silent Hill was a game until after I seen the movie. I suppose I don't get out much. I liked the movie and it would be cool if they make a sequel to it.

quite opposite, you dont spend too much time bedind your pc.
as for the sequel, i belive there will be one, because in SH1, you re looking for your daughter is silent hill (movie). in SH2 you are looking for your wife, that you belive is in silent hill(sequel).
in movie they changed names and characters a little bit, but i think it is obvious that in part 2 atrhur will be looking for his wife, and in part 3 sharon will come to silent hill somehow.

the persons are ofcourse different than ini game, but they have to change that for movie....

Silent hill rocks~! Silent Hill

Replying to 83perish

I played all of silent hill series in ps 1 and 2~ ^^ And I played it lots of times~~ ^^  Silent hill is actually my favorite game~ ^^ but haven't got the chance to play origin on psp~ ^^; But I never got the best ending for silent hill 4~~ ^^;

-reply by DarthNurule

Silent hill 3 on PC is my all time favorite game. I found myself fully immersed after the first hour playing SH3, anticipating to be shocked by the next monster found around yet another dark corner. I particularly appreciate the storyline, the polished graphics and the level of character development that this game exhibits. From the screenshots ive seen, silent hill V homecoming also looks good, i would really like to play Jericho as well (story by Clive Barker, the creator of Hellraiser). Ive recently played Undying which features a story by Clive Barker and found it to be very good. This is despite the fact the game was release in 2001 and can have some compatibility issues sometimes. The sound/music in Undying is really good and if you can disregard that fact their are no fancy shaders the graphics are good as well.

yeah clive barker's undying is a geat game I played it a couple of times and for the first time I found it hard for the final boss. :) but then it was easy.I also found hard the way to beat lizbeth..Untill I tried with the scythe hehehe ^^

As for the silent hill series, I like all of them and the movie, they're definitely my favourite not just because of the graphics for its time but for the story and the misteries it has maybe some of them can be never understood.

I hope that they made a sequel to the first movie and release it sooner 'cause I can't wait anymore :) :) ^^

-reply by Aleksandra