xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Can't Access Cpanel reads The Page Cannot Be Displayed

I recently (today) got approved for hosting here. My domain name is HTMLetc-made-easy.trap17.com. I cannot get to the cpanel. When I type in mydomainname.trap17.com/cpanel, it opens to a page that reads, The page cannot be displayed, and on the bottom of my screen (in IE windows XP) the bar says Cannot find server. Does anyone have any clue what is going on here?

well your application has got you under something different:

http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?shoc=41625=

almost sounds like their is a typo in the domain, because I tried a proxy and I got no domain. Hopefully if you havn't deleted it yet is check your email and their should be a link to your cpanel from there and click on that.

I suggest you send in a support ticket or wait for hte admin reponse on this, but I sure theirs a typo somewhere. Sub-domains are usually instant once oyu have gone through the email instructions.

The reason my application has something different is because when I tried that one, the application told me it was too long. So I changed it. I didn't know it was a problem. In my email, all I have is a link to the activation process, I don't have anything in my email about cPanel. But I guess I will wait for an admin, as I have no clue what a support ticket is.

Thanks for your help BH. Once I typed in that gamma.xisto thing, the cpanel came right up. Now, for some reason, when I type out mysubdomain.trap17.com/cpanel it comes up fine. But I'm not complaining. I don't really know what I was doing wrong, but it all turned out ok in the end.

The reason isn't clear to me at this moment but I'm assuming that the unusual "length" of your subdomain name could have caused bit longer for your name to be propagated through out the internet nodes.But once it was all said and done your URL sub-domain and everything else seems to be running fine as usual.Topic resolved and closed. :)