xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandon10092

Geforce Fx 5200 Problems My monitor goes blank right as the Windows Welcome screen should appre

I hadn't been able to play the Sims 2, and I figured out it was because my video card wasn't supported. So I went out and picked up a cheap GeForce FX 5200 ($50) and installed it in my computer. Well as soon as I turned my computer on, everything was normal. But I noticed the resolution was huge when it got to my desktop and when I went into Display Properties, it was the only resolution setting there. So I figured I'd install the video card drivers that came on the software CD. After that it prompted me to restart my computer, and when I did, everything seemed fine, up to the point where the Windows XP Welcome screen should appear. My monitor froze on a black screen, and didn't do anything else. I even tried restarting my computer, but the same issue occured. I went looking around online for information, and I found somewhere saying the same thing that it said in the troubleshooting part of the manual for the graphics card. Both said to download monitor drives online for the video card. Well I did, and still the same thing happens. Does anyone know what's going on here? By the way, I have my other video card still installed (right on the motherboard) and this new one obviously plugs into a PCI port.

I have a spare Television at home & a spare P4 CPU, with 1.70 GHz & 512MB RAM.I wanted to use my TV as the MONITOR & Purchased a Nvidia GeForce FX5200 Display card & installed the drivers & connected it to my Tv with the S-Video port. I Got the Display on the TV, The Display is Quite Clear & the Videos are even clear.Now my Problem is Everything which I see on the TV is in BLACK & WHITE. I cannot find the colour on the TV.My TV is an Indian Made which can understand both PAL & NTSC signals. It even has Auto Signal Detect, Which also I tried but couldnt get the colour.At Startup process till Windows Logo it comes in colour but after that it gets Black & White.I am Using Windows XP Professional SP2 a my operating system.I even formated my PC to no avail.Kindly Gurus please solve my puzzle.-Goyel P. Lotliker

problems with my motherboard

Geforce Fx 5200 Problems

I am having asus motherboard I installed nvidia geforce fx 5200 driver for the video card now the fan is working I am not able to hear any beep niether any display on my monitor this problem persisted wen I last restarted my pc and the display never came back

I hope you find solution to this problem as soon as possible

Thanx in advance

Karan

-reply by karan saharan

I have a spare Television at home & a spare P4 CPU, with 1.70 GHz & 512MB RAM.I wanted to use my TV as the MONITOR & Purchased a Nvidia GeForce FX5200 Display card & installed the drivers & connected it to my Tv with the S-Video port.

I Got the Display on the TV, The Display is Quite Clear & the Videos are even clear.
Now my Problem is Everything which I see on the TV is in BLACK & WHITE. I cannot find the colour on the TV.

My TV is an Indian Made which can understand both PAL & NTSC signals. It even has Auto Signal Detect, Which also I tried but couldnt get the colour.

At Startup process till Windows Logo it comes in colour but after that it gets Black & White.

I am Using Windows XP Professional SP2 a my operating system.

I even formated my PC to no avail.

Kindly Gurus please solve my puzzle.

-Goyel P. Lotliker

Hi there,
i was using the same card few years back. Didn't give me any problems.
I have some questions.
1.) What make is your card .. Asus, XFX,.. ?
2.) Which cable are you using to connect to the TV, the one that came along or did you buy it seperately ? because this could be a problem related to the Cable.
3.) What driver version are you using ? Try installing the latest available drivers for the card.. Go to Nvidia.com

problems with my motherboard

Geforce Fx 5200 Problems

I am having asus motherboard I installed nvidia geforce fx 5200 driver for the video card now the fan is working I am not able to hear any beep niether any display on my monitor this problem persisted wen I last restarted my pc and the display never came back

I hope you find solution to this problem as soon as possible

Thanx in advance

Karan

-reply by karan saharan

I didn't understand your series of questions properly .

:lol:

which fan is working ?

1.) mainboard's controller fan

2.) Graphic's card fan

3.) processor fan

Is the Graphic's Card properly seated in the AGP slot ?

and did you install the proper drivers ?

Kindly check all the cables on the motherboard .. you might have accidentally removed one

which OS are you using ?

and pls give the exact configuration of your system (motherboard model, graphic's card make and model, cpu, etc.)

cant guide you any further than this without the proper information