xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ishwar

Is It Possible To Create Free Energy?

This planet is full of free energy,

as mentioned earlier, the sun, water, wind and earth provide us with plenty energy,

it's the way people are that we have to pay for it.

True, constructions like windmills, dams and solarpanels cost enough to construct ans maintain, but these comapnies can make it way cheaper for us, instead of letting us pay more for ecological energy. As long as there we live in a capitalistic-minded world, there be no such thing as free energy.

:P

But back to the original topic, dynamo's capable of providing energy for vehicles would be very (probably too) large,

I do like the idea though...

I hope someone comes up with an idea to create energy with our minds, also a large source of energy.

Edited by HoRuS (see edit history)

Well, if you know where to look, you can get any of those for either free or a very low cost. I've pondered free energy all of my life and have always been really into it. I really don't have a favorite for an alternative, like most people you talk to do ("yah, fuel cells will never happen"..."solar is way too inefficient"..etc..,etc..). I'm more into the inventive spirit of it.It's really just a matter of doing it. I know I'm currently working on a research prototype that I'm building using laminated solar cells put onto a parabolic dish (like the old satellite dishes). These PV (photovoltaic) cells turn light and UV light into electricity. The reflected light and infrared (heat) get focused onto a focal point where a hybrid Stirling engine and thermal fuel cell sit, which in short, is like your car engine, but just one piston in a closed cycle where the hot air is by itself. This little contraption alone gets like 74% efficiency, which is the highest of the solars. There's energy all around us, but the problem that we have is that we must direct it in some form in order to gain from it, such as in the case of heat (easier to understand). I live just a few minutes from a huge dam and it works well too. Just a matter of how you use it.EDIT: Someone mentioned using energy from our minds....actually, in terms of joules and other units, our minds really don't generate that much energy...it's more small and many type of arrangement. Not taking the resistance of the skin into matter, humans generate a very small charge, and another way to think of it is in calories. If you were to eat someone's brain (I know, I know), you might get a max of 1000 kilocalories out of it, while a lot, that's all it has grown since its creation (like a tree). A tree might generate a lot of sugar from photosynthesis per day, but when you look in retrospect, it takes a long time for that sugar to be put into the cell growth and grow a tree (takes trees a long time to grow). If that made any sense, then I'll be surprised. :P

Edited by Custergrant (see edit history)

It's not possible to create free energy, because you need to create first something to extract the energy, convert to something that can be used (like electricity) and then, sent to every house and industry in the world.If you found a way to don't pay the workers to realize all that jobs, you can't have free energy. :XD:

There is no such thing as free energy... and it's pretty simple to demonstrate. There is no pure energy in nature... everything mankind has are only exchanges of energy... solar power ---> electricity; wind power ---> electricity; coal ---> heat ---> electricity. So there isn't any energy just waiting for us to get. We must take some sort of energy and transform it into a different kind of energy.
But everyone knows that there is no such thing as a machine with 100% efficiency. It is extremely hard to even get near 100%. What does that mean? That some part of energy is lost during the transformation.
Taking your example: Rotating motion + dynamo = electricity

First of all you consume energy by the rotation motion (energy in other form... so your example is also a transformation). Second the dynamo surly has a low efficiency rate. That means you have a quantity of energy in the rotation motion, but you get less energy (electricity). How is that energy lost? By internal friction.

So why no free energy? Because even a near 100% efficiency machine you put in more and get less. Not to mention the use of the machine, the fact that someday it will have to be replaced.

One last thing ... in physics there is the principle of entropy... a little quote from the Entropy article on Wikipedia:

We have previously mentioned that a finite universe may be considered an isolated system. As such, it may be subject to the Second Law of Thermodynamics, so that its total entropy is constantly increasing. It has been speculated that the universe is fated to a heat death in which all the energy ends up as a homogeneous distribution of thermal energy, so that no more work can be extracted from any source.

So you see... Even energy (in its different forms) is not infinite (if of course the universe is finite). So energy MUST be lost in some form or another. Free energy cannot be created, but extremely cheap energy can... But well there is no will to adopt on a large scale alternative fules when you have around 40 years of fossil fuel.

I think there needs to be a proper definition of energy for this topic. Solar energy is obviously free. Thats one thing they cant charge us for. When you think about it, everything has energy. Everything on earth has gravitational potential energy, and moving objects have kenitic energy etc. It is possible to get things like electricity, or heating for free, its just so much easier and faster to pay for it.