xisto Community
da96

Ipod, Creative Zen, Or Iriver?

A Creative Zen is definitely my choice.

Creative mp3 players are generally of very good quality. They reproduce sounds perfectly and have much better battery life than ipods. Creative is renowned for its Sound Blaster, Audigy and XiFi series sound cards and therefore have plenty of experience when it comes to sound.

Various creative zen mp3 players have gotten numerous Cnet editor's choice awards before.

The only drawback that most creative mp3 players have is that they look really ugly. But the latest Zen Neeon 2 is one of the few zen mp3s that look nice. Sworn iPod users should seriously consider converting.

Creative Technology

i thnk i pods provide quite a huge memory space n r very much compatible rather thn oter similar products.....if it is expensive thn it also hs mny features like huge hard disk space, ability to run music, mp3, videos, etc.....u cn say a mini computer in itself.....hence they r the best no doubt about it...

I think you definatly have to go with iPod. They are so popular now that you can get about whatever you want for it. You always see those 3rd party companies making accessories and adapters and stuff for the iPod, not Iriver or other lesser known MP3 players. Apple is getting to the point now where the volume of their sales with the ipod is so high they have begun cutting prices. To get something from a competitor with equal amounts of space/features it will cost you more. Ipod sells a much higher volume so prices will drop, in hopes to sell even more.You just cant match the positives that have came out of the ipod due to the widespread popularity of it.

iRiver was good before the Ipod craze started. But I personally prefer Ipods. You get the best out of everything. The music is good, video quality (for such a small screen) is good, it's user friendly, the memory capacity isnt bad either. With the memory space available, I even use it to back up my PC files. It also serves as a good storage for photos on the go. The only downside is that it's quite fragile and people usually freak out when their ipod starts to hang.

COWON!!!Ipod, Creative Zen, Or Iriver?

I'm surprised that not one person has mention cowon! these players have not only unquestionably the best sound but also one of the best battery operation times. I laugh that there are people here that have been bought into the idea that ipods are the best; while ipods are great machines and may be the perfect choice for you, you cant simply call them the best. Each and every person has their own perfect player, they just have to find it.I personally just bought the S9 and the player is fantastic! my friend owns an ipod touch and is envious of me :)

-reply by sickley

The original post is extremely old, but I'd like to add that I was asking this very same question at about the same time. I went with the Creative ZenVision M and it has been a great little thing. I've used it for music. I've used it for videos. Okay, those are the obvious ones, but I've also used it for ebooks, recording movies/tv shows by using it as a small external hard drive, I use it as a guitar practice tool and I used to use it as a small portable hard drive for transferring things that were bigger than 1/2gb flash keys could hold.?Awesome thing!! Still using it years later.