xisto Community
da96

Ipod, Creative Zen, Or Iriver?

Id choose the Creative Zen. Ipods IMO are overrated. My friend has a Zen and he absolutely loves it. Or you can get a PSP like I have and get a 1 GB memory stick, and then you can play games, listen to music, watch movies, etc. I have'nt heard about an Iriver yet. So Id recommend a PSP or Zen.

I've never used Creative Zen or iRiver. I have an ipod mini, and I like it because it can store so many songs (even though I'm nowhere close to filling it all up). I'd like an MP3 player that could allow you to listen to the radio..

The best out there is the the Ipod. You can get one free by opening a checking account in North Dakota. My friends both got their own free Ipod just by opening a checking account and now there enjoying it. It is the two gigabyte Ipod and is sporting the newsest design. The sliver color. Any way the IPod is the best and one out there and the most original MP3 players . It is a must buy for anybody that wants to get an MP3 player or any music player at that!

Edited by crud2008 (see edit history)

To me IPods are rather overated for what they are, not to mention too expenseive for what they are as well. I have a Go-Gear By Phillips, which works just as find ad an IPod does and it was cheaper. Comparing it to an IPod with the same features, I saved a good 50 bucks.Yet another personal opinion, I think IPods and all MP3 players are overrated and too expensive. All they are is a hard drive that just happens to have a audio hook up to them. I can go out and buy two 60GB hardrives that are just a little bigger then an Ipod, and still have money left over....what does this tell me? That IPod and alot of the MP3 Player companies are just trying to milk the masses for every dime they have, just for a extra port and some extra programing. So inturn, for a 30GB IPod your only paying about 35 bucks for the space and the rest of the 250 bucks you spend goes into adding that extra port and the operating system, which to me 200 bucks is way too much for a that. :)

I'd love an iPod. They really are great devices. Mostly love the huge space and how you get around in your music. It's great. But I'll probably never have the cash for one considering I'm gonna have to pay for car insurance and gas soon. Anyhow, I got a Zen Nano for Christmas last year, and, simply put, I love it. It's probably got one of the best interfaces for small MP3 players. It's not one of the big, movie ones, but it's enough for me. Since I mostly use it for storing files anyhow. =PGreat sound, and the price is crazy now. 60$ for a 512, is pretty impressive. Plus it looks cool. :)

i say my costom mp3 player lol200 gigs my own little os script player thingy... no games tho... it has a nice little lcd screen coustom made... and well i think it just kicks **bottom** lol...

man if a compny would to make cutom mp3 players for peple they would be raking in the cash! ^^^ that is a really good idea since there isn't much choice, i mean you got your 512's (couple of good ones but not a lot of space) then you got you 5/6 gigs (apple and iriver mainly, iriver probally better) then your 20/40/60 gig ones that should have a lot more features but cost a lot. like if i wanted a mp3 player that plays mpeg's aswell and has space i would probally go for the iriver h340 cuz it has more space than the h320 and ipod videos work of there own format (mp4 crap)

I never heard of Iriver... but NEVER buy Creative Zen... it really sux... i bought it once becuz it's cheap... but the device never last long..... somehow i was never able to on that screwed up mp3....I now own a 60GB Ipod video.... honestly speaking, it's already half screwed @.@

IPOD: Im totally against IPODs... I hate them. They look bad, yet they're really expensive! Also, its not user friendly either, it took me almost five minutes to get it to work. I'll never ever buy an IPOD, if I get one for christmas, then i'll just give it away to someone else. Also, the accessories a UBER-EXPENSIVE! Just to get that Bose speakers, it costs about $299. Now thats even more expensive than the IPOD you bought. The cheapest accessories i've seen are the headphones for $15. Wow.ZEN: I just bought one of those a month ago [ZEN MicroPhoto 8GB for $150]. It was worth the buy. It looks good, its userfriendly, there are no buttons at all, but just a touch pad which is great. I got the black/white color and it looks great with the blue lights around it. Its really nice, and it also comes with an FM radio. Also, anothing thing good about it is that you can replace its battery pack just like a cellphone. Now thats a lot better than an IPOD because once the batteries are dead, they're dead and you're gonna have to buy a new IPOD. I also like the Zen because you can change its wallpapers and stuff. Which is really cool, instead of the IPODs blank white background. I also like its metal casing, it doesnt break when you put it on your pockets. It doesnt even get any scratches!Iriver: I never seen, or owned an iriver before. But one of them looks a lot like a ZEN [the up and down scroll buttons]. I've heard they look good, but the price doesnt.Samsung: The new Samsung K5 is really awesome. There are no buttons at all. Its just a touch screen. I also love the built-in speakers. No more need for headphones and it sound great! Problem, the 2Gigs one cost about as much as a 8Gig Zen [$149]. But its worth buying!

Well while everyone else is at it, I'll add my boo to the Ipod... Same reasons as everyone else. Just because they were first doesn't mean that they are the best and can charge the most.
I have to admit they have a nice interface but I have heard too many stories about deteriorating battery life. Or the classic Ipod behavior of deciding to never turn on again.
Plus you can't deny that they are ugly!!!

As for the Zen of Iriver, I haven't heard enough about them. The few people who have them seem to like them but I've only seen a couple.

Right now I am using a Neuros 442. There is no denying it that this product is not particularly good. The unit is rather large with a poor interface but it does have a large (3.7 inch) screen with good battery life(5 hour video, 9 audio). It only sells in a 40 GB model but if you know almost anything you can open it and replace the HD with a standard laptop drive. Right now I am waiting for the Neuros 442v2. Neuros offers an awesome upgrade plan charging 99$ to upgrade from to a V2 when it comes out.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the Archos players. My cousin has gotten an Archos g-mini. It is a 30GB audio, picture and video player that boasts a built in camera. The camera takes pictures that are roughly the same as a decent cell phone and also works as a basic camcorder. It is a wonderful idea, people carry MP3 players a lot more often than camera. I have seen many rather funny videos captured by this little unit.

I think all three brands are good at producing quality music but iPod is not a practical buy! It's quite expensive.. whereas, creative and iriver will give you a lower price with MORE features!!!!

I haven't tried any of them so I don't know. I have a mp4 from Pisa and I got it only for 50 dollars. It's about 1 inch in height and 2 inches in width. It's got 256Mbs of space :) and you can only put 99 songs on it but it plays videos and its colored so I think it's worth it. :rolleyes: