xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyUchiha

Cheapest Computer Price?

I'm still selling Intel Pentium I Computer with $5 price, and there are still some customers who want it.If you're considering XP OS than you need at least pentium 4 computer, which means you need about $100 at least to get the new CPU with low class specification.

I don't know what it is, but there's always problems with Dells. I know tons of people with Dell computers and they're always lagging on something performance-wise or something is keeping it from booting up. I think the only reason Dell is as big as it is today is because it spends billions of dollars on marketing and commercials. Taking over Alienware was just another step towards them dominating the computer market and turning it into crap.

Dells sell because people like the appeal of customizing their own systems and those computers are rather idiot-proof. You can't touch anything in the BIOS (which is frustrating for more tech-savvy users) and everything comes bundled to work right out of the box.

From what I hear, the reason why they go down a bit more often is because Dell uses cheap component parts. Whether it's a marketing strategy for IT guys to purchase even more replacement parts or whether it's just cheap construction is beyond me, but people will still flock to it because of bulk pricing, Dell's reputability in customer service, and the famous "ease" of Dell computers.

They are good systems for people who are willing to just use the computer for basic computing for a cheap price, but when performance AND budget is a must, it's always best to design and build your own system.