xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

My Cd Reader Will Not Read My Cd's

Ok, the title is not all that it seems to be.. it does read CD's... but the problem is:I have four CD's that i burnt and i used Nero 7, now i tried to put the first CD in, and it read it fine, then i put the second CD in and it wouldn't read it.... i tried putting one of the other two CD's in and it wouldn't read them..and yet, i can put the four CD's in blank.. and it read them back to back...any ideals whats going on?oh yes, i can restart my computer and put another CD in, and it wil read it fine, but then i try to put another one in after it, it wont read it.I know the CD Reader is fine, it was replaced a couple months ago, and the drivers should be fine because they were re-installed around the same time.

Try cleaning the lense it could be that, also have you updated the drivers at all?The only other thing I can think of is that the information could be corrupted, but you saying that it can be read find from somewhere else.Try a different burner software and see what happens.

hmm, no ive never tried cleaning the lense, and ive got the most updated drivers, it happens with all of the burning software i try.... and im too cheap to bother with using a lense cleaning tool.. :)

You might want to try a different brand of blank CDs. I have found my CD burner doesn't like some particular brands. While they seem to burn ok, when I try to play them back, some of them just will not work no matter what I try. I changed the brand of CD I use, and all the problems were solved. I guess some of these "no name" brand CD suffer in quality. You get what you pay for I suppose. Try a name brand like "TDK" or "Verbatim" and see if that helps.

You might want to try a different brand of blank CDs. I have found my CD burner doesn't like some particular brands. While they seem to burn ok, when I try to play them back, some of them just will not work no matter what I try. I changed the brand of CD I use, and all the problems were solved. I guess some of these "no name" brand CD suffer in quality. You get what you pay for I suppose. Try a name brand like "TDK" or "Verbatim" and see if that helps.

hmm i never thought about that... but ALL of the CD's i burn will work... but my porblem is that i have to restart every time before i can put another one in and have it readable..

ill try to find different CD's i am using is the costco brand that comes like 50-100 in a pack.... so ill try some different maybe name brands and see if that works thanx :)