xisto Community
rldowling03

Opera Mini For Mobiles Anyone use this on your phone to browse the web?

Hi, just wondering if anyone user opera mini for mobile phones. Just like opera on your computer, opera mini allows you to browse the internet through your mobile phone. It uses a gprs profile on your phone to connect and browse through web sites. I been using it for a few weeks now and it's great, for me to be able to access the internet when i can't get to a computer is great.Now it works good on my old sony ericsson t610, the only faults are that it constantly runs out of memory and shuts down the application, also it fails to keep a single gprs connection so in order to keep browsing i need to constantly keep connecting of costing of alot of credit, and lastly text boxes have limited space to put text so i run out of room. Well just wondering whats your thoughts.

Opera mini is an excellent application but if your cellular network has hefty tariffs for gprs then expect your money to disappear because it uses about 100KB for every page loaded so watch yourself :)

yes juice thats true, when i first began to browse wap i was using my nokia 3200 and a guy refered opera web browser to me, after i started to use it i realised that i was paying more than usual for gprs, n i did a experiment, i browse normally with my phone for a month an my bill was small i tried the other month with opera, and i got a extremely heavy bill.

I was fascinated by this application. I tried it on my Sony Ericsson k508i phone and I have GPRS but for some reason or another, I could not browse the web with it. Ever since then, I never used it. A pity though

i don't use the opera mini but i use opera 8.60 on my nokia 6630 its much better than the mini version. I can browse any site i like. Im using it right now. You would be surprised what you can do with a mobile phone. Every site in my sig was built using this phone apart from surfwap (its not my site). You can get text editors, ftp software, zip applications and a host of other apps to help you on your way. The only shame is alot of the apps can be quite expensive and so are the symbian phones that use them. I have in my phone a half gig memory card. It rocks :)

Opera Mini is cleverly good designed and fits almost any mobile device!Lot easier and better to use than most standard WAP programs already built-in to the mobile phones.Why can't all just have Opera Mini integrated? :)

Yeah Opera Mini is a cool Version of Opera for Symbian OS.. Its full screen feutures and very unique way of moving with link are extra good ,,, Just load a site and if u cant see it properly like in nokia 6600 u can view it in full screen feuture ....... I really dont know if there is any other version of opera for symbian OS..I only uses Opera Mini under my nokia 6630 .. and 6600..Now u can also use Opera Mini on Nintendo Devices :) CooL

There is a new version of firefox mobile, i tried it but no results, it never opened, even tho i try several times, and lots trys with installing and uninstaling but no results :S

Opera Mini is simply a great Mobile phone browser which support lots of features like AJAX and stuffs like that which is not supported by the normal WAP browsers. The Orkut website is actually blocked in our college and the Orkut website does not work in a WAP browser. The only solution to this problem for us was Opera Mini in which Orkut.com works.. Hats off to Opera Mini.