xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cgrim29588

What Secrets Can Your Cell Phone Reveal?, Don't Keep Secrets On Cell Phone

Ive just read this on yahoo news. Just wanna share this one guys. I'm was just shocked about this one...

Consumers with modern mobile phones may be shocked to find how easily the sensitive, even embarrassing, information stored in their cell phones can be accessed.

WASHINGTON - Don't tell your cell phone any secrets. It might not keep them. Second-hand phones purchased over the Internet surrendered credit card numbers and bank account passwords, business secrets and even evidence of adultery.

The other phones contained:
_One company's plans to win a multimillion-dollar federal transportation contract.

_E-mails about another firm's $50,000 payment for a software license.

_Bank accounts and passwords.

_Details of prescriptions and receipts for one worker's utility payments.

The recovered information was equal to 27,000 pages — a stack of printouts 8 feet high.

link
video

Thanks for letting me know, I will be more carefull whenever I need to sell my cellphone. I didnt know deleted data could be restored like some data in a computer hard drive.

Yes you have to be very careful if you want to sell a mobile phone as any data you may have looked at or sent via text, mms, Wap, internet or emails can be recovered by software.I am shocked by this too but I am always careful about data left on my mobile when i sell or give a mobile to a friend, but I can be positive my friends aren't going to know where to begin to look for this sort of info, but selling to a complete stranger... It really depends if you have anything to hide or any bank details or passwords. You could just try reseting and clearing all data on your phone but that probably won't be good enough.Well thats my say on this topic, I don't wanna sell my phone now becuase of info might be on there!!