xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ProtoMan

I Can't Open My Forum , Why ?

I am in big trouble , I tried to access my forum (Simple Machines one) and it said SMF was unable to access the database , it may because the server is busy but I tried the WHOLE day so what is going on ? Please help me. Thanks. If you want to know more , here is its Link :

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by ProtoMan (see edit history)

The server is up & running & showing a full row of green lights, so it isnt a Xisto issue.It has to be a problem with your Mysql database. Go into your cpanel, phpmyadmin, & check the database actually exists.

Make sure that you have a database set up, and you know the username and password required to access and connect to the database. The database name is always prefixed with your cPanel login name, so if you called the database FORUM then the actual name to tell SMF is CPANELNAME_FORUM. You should already know your password needed to connect to the database. If you haven't changed it, it'll be the same as your cPanel login password. If you need any more help, get me on MSN, email me or PM me and I will gladly help you.

At the time of this post, your forum is up and running. SMF is connecting to your SQL and everything seems to be fine.Topic is closed. If you face another problem please PM any moderator to open this topic again.Thank you.PS Update your forum to the lastes release (I believe 1.1 RC3 now). Leaving in older version may lead to DDOS attack that can shutdown your database from outside. Updating instruction is clearly explained in SMF homepage's forum section.