xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Dialup Users Double Your Connection Speed with simple modem command tweek

You cant increase the internet speed by setting a higher maximum speedDialup Users Double Your Connection Speed

This is a mere eyewash.

You cant increase the speed of internet by choosing the maximum limit of modem. What bandwidth the internet provider can give is all that you can have. No increase by any means. Kudos to all.

-feedback by Anonymous

At&FX command does make your net a tad bit faster but it also makes your connection as unstable as hell ive tried it and it worked for a few days and then had to re install isp (people pc) software ,also you have to be careful with commands cause it could damage your modem ,after scouring the internet it tells me that the at&fx command disables handshaking with the isp , it was nice for a few days i did notice a difference and actually got a speed other people claim but after the first day my isp started throttling it down unforunitly i live in bum*BLEEP* texas and the dsl service ends the next road over so dial up is my only option