xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zubair1

Solution Need.....speed Performence Problem

hi guyz,i just need a solution for the problem that i am going toidentify, please give me the solution for it,PROBLEM :-I play lots of games on my computer,but some of my games run slow, such as The Sims & Counter Strikei need to know why, and what's its solution,please give me the cheapest and the greatest solution,

Hey What's Up Guy's. I'v been having problems with my computer It seem as my computer is loosing performance what could be the problem.I don't have the slight as clueI'v just upgraded my computer.I'm going to describe my pervious computer andmy upgraded computer.Pentim I(HCL) Perious: Intel Pentium MotherBoard 166 Mhz Intel Petium Processor 16 Mb Dram Crytal Sound card 2 Mb Trident Vga Card A-Net Lan Card 1 GB Western Digital Hard Drive 1.44 Floppy Drive 52x Max SamSung CD-Drive Pentium II(HCL) Current: Xcel 2000 Mother Board (With Ulta-DMA support). Intel Pentium 300 Mhz Processor With MMX technology 64 Mb SDRAM Built-In Sound Card Built-In 8 MB VGA One A-Net Lan Card & One Built-In Lan Card Built-In Modem 10 GB Fujitsu Hard Drive 1.44 Floppy Drive 52x Max SamSung CD-DriveAnd with the pervious computer I had I could play Game's and Install softwareand still have the same speed but now as I Install Software and or games my speed decreases.What could be the problem I have the same software and gamesnothing changed besides the upgrade.

i don't really understand what do u actually asking for...but my comment is...if u want fast and stable pc for games...i will comment u to buy ATX mother board...not M-ATX...and u will need more then 8MB display card....cheap one i recomment Radeon..and ofcoz u need more RAM at least 128MB..after buying a new display card...ie..in CS option...change to 3Dfx..not direct3Din other way...if u dun buy new hardware to upgrade...try install less games in yr pc in the same time...coz when free space is low...yr windows performance will decrease...if u download things by using p2p (winMX etc) or BT ...also check for spyware and adware..(try AD-AWARE) and delete themand close un neccessary program when playing game....and use the lowest quality and lower resolution<---like 800X600 or less...depend on yr display card...some more setting in windows is hidden...which i forgot most of them....so try to search in yahoo...for windwos speed up ..or windows Tweak...most of those softs need to pay...but if u lucky ...u should find some free one..Cooling system is sometime the problem...can be big problem also...one of my frd ..bought a new pc....but then...good display card...also can't run game fast....then after he bought a new case...then all problems solve...for myself...i got a new case with 8 fans...6 in 2 out...then i bought another cool master double case fan for out also...and a cool master cpu fan for my cpu ofcoz... my cpu temp and mother temp need to be stable and low...to be have good perfamace of Pc....learn more by reading more review on hardware b4 u buy anything...so Good Luck....

Hey, are you kidding Zubair? You call it upgrading?Take this - you need Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon for stable game performances... Especially the ones you mentioned... Anything else wouldn't do...My suggestion may not be the cheapest...But if you really want a cheap solution, ask teob to lend his PC to you for sometime when you want to play :) just kidding...Googlue!

Another factor could be the spy ware on your computer. You should use an antivirus and also ad-aware (latest) so that it clears all the useless garbage off the computer and also helping increase speed to some extent.

a pentiumII 300 is not the fastest computer around, but never the less should be oke to play CS and Sims-1 in a way. I think that the main factor of the lacky performance is your videocard, try to get a 2th hand 3dfx or even better a tnt2 with 32mb also putting in another 64 mb of ram cant do any harm.But dont try any modern games on it since your pc (even after your ' upgrade' ) is to outdated for them.

Thank You , very muchRecently, i coudn't get online coz about 3 or 4 days agowhen the last time i became online , my hard drive had gotten a failurethat i have just brought brand new,and it had a short ciruit, and BOOM!it went out, now after few days i brought another hard drive,i dont know how much it is going to last, but i hope for longcoz' i can't seem to afford all this problems, my previous hard drive only lasted for 4-5 Day ,loli dont know what got wrong in to it......but when i asked the problem, they said it had an short ciruit fusei am here in pak, so for about 3 days the market / stores were closedso i coudn't purchase a new hard drive, but as soon as the markets openedi went rushing to buy one, i was so scared to buy it, i thought it was going to fail again, in less timebut i hope not , againthank you very much......againbye

Those systems are quite old, but if you are not ready to upgrade yet then i would say buy RAM, more ram will increase the speed and decrease load times. The less the computer has to use the swap file, the better. I would at least upgrade to 1ghz now adays tho.. those systems are from like years ago. Also try loookin on the net for performance tweaks but ram will be the best and cheapest solution. Also a better video card will pump those gfx out alot faster and for old games like that i would reccomend a Voodoo 4 PCI (unless for some reason you have agp, some old systems did.).

get more rama radeon gfx carda better processor.. i have a P2 but i only use it for homework and documents.. but i also have an AMD XP 2200+ which is good for a lot of stuff.. i suggest you get an AMD XP because they are fast and cheaper than pentium