xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arnz

Politicians In General. Legends...? or KNOBS?

I thought i'll start a thread in general about politicians whether if they really are legends, or just complete knobs.I'll admit that while politicians can really give me the %$#ts, (ie wasting taxpayer money on gardens, TVs, etc). Unfortunately, I dont think that any of us are in the position to tell them what to do (besides from the rights to free speech-protest, voting them out at the elections, and so forth.. which ironically, our PM down under, little Johnny Howard.. manages to win election after election. Comments like "Johnny howard is so far up bush's *bottom* and is bush's puppet, etc" doesnt really prove anything and is pretty much pointless.Especially with the 9/11 situation, bali bombings and so forth. Even if the aussies pull out of the war on terror, etc.. Unfortunately, there will still be some probs.. for example, if a man of middle-eastern appearances sits next to you on plane, a few may feel comfortable, while they will be some people that will definitely not. But with the war and so forth, in most cases, the parties involved dont really pull out untill the job is done, whether if some may debate a earlier pullout. I'm open with many cultures, and pretty accept everything despite the cultures of some religions. But things cant change instantly (ie like a complete withdrawal from the middle east and expecting things to be okay), and will not likely to change for a while.Unfortunately there are reasons behind the recent wars and so forth, even if its not fully understood, or whether some may think its right or wrong. But when you ask a particular group to "go get %$#%$# or rott in hell". All parties may be as bad as each other, and no-one may be angels (ie the American soldiers rape situation, etc).

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

The thing that annoys me mostly about politicians, the senior ones with the real power, is their seemingly complete disregard for anyone but themselves. While everyone else has to go through a great deal for a pay rise, (John Howard's new IR laws) these guys just approve a pay rise for themselves without a second thought. In addition, why are they given a substantial pension AND a very generous superannuation package? These types of benefits are not available to the normal worker and if we to even suggest it, people would think we were mad. Their pensions are based on their years in office, not on what they have achieved. Some politicians achieve very little but polishing those overstuffed sofas with their butts. There are many pictures available of politicians falling asleep during the meetings, and they get paid for this?The only politicians I have met that seem to really want to help the community are the lower level ones that have very little power to make anything happen. Even some of them are only out for their own well-being. :D

o you bush monkey demon, Bush is a mentally ill terrorist, and he betterunderstand that we don't want american government thugs on Canadian soil,Canada is a Sovereign Country that doesn't allow foreign government agentsto carry weapon's on it soil, like your state texas troppers and customofficers think they can....because if you as an idiot wish to give up "TheConstitution of the United States of America" for government terrorism andbush made surcurity, your then an idiot,

o you bush monkey demon, Bush is a mentally ill terrorist, and he betterunderstand that we don't want american government thugs on Canadian soil,
Canada is a Sovereign Country that doesn't allow foreign government agents
to carry weapon's on it soil, like your state texas troppers and custom
officers think they can....because if you as an idiot wish to give up "The
Constitution of the United States of America" for government terrorism and
bush made surcurity, your then an idiot,

Please learn to use proper English when you choose to call someone else an idiot.

It appears that politicians are the same no matter which country they hail from. In the States, it appears you either go with the party flow or you are not supported and are kicked out.

Yes, they are not in touch with the people they represent. I see it in corporate America also where the CEO has no idea what it is like to be a bottom of the ladder employee.

I guess it really boils down to that people forget their roots and begin to believe they can never be wrong.

Later.
Edited by SGCHS (see edit history)