xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptonite

Do You Believe Dragons Breathed Ice?

Wow, y'all are funny.XD Dragons don't have to be real, and they don't have to be fake. But they are a part of history; every civilization we know of has some sort of dragon in its mythology. In a way, mythology is also history. The things that happen in the stories may not be real, but the crazy guys who came up with them are. As for researching dragons, I do that extensively, since I'm trying to write a fictional book fearturing them, and I want to have some mythological basis. It's obvious they didn't exist anywhere but our imaginations since there haven't been any remains found, but it's more fun that way! I get to make up stuff and mix it with stuff a Roman made up thousands of years ago, and the result is an AWESOME huge flying reptile that can burn your head off!!XD Great stuff for books!

You asked about races. It depends which "world" you're in, whether German mythology or in a video game, or book. But there are some basic species: Westerns Easterns, Frost, Drakes, Fairy Dragons, Hydras, Knuckers, Salamanders, Basilisks, Sea Serpents, Wyverns, Amplitheres, Cockatrices, and Lindworms. Even this long list branches off into different religions and what not. There are also those that are like Gods, have problems and think like us, or are monsters. In short, the possibilities are endless. I love dragons!!:D

Well, as much as I don't believe "real dragons" ever existed, I always find it entertaining to come up with hypothesis on mythical phenomena. Fire breathing could rather easily be explained by the dragon creating a flammable substance out of oil within its body and collecting it in a sac, which then could be spat out along with a spark creating mechanism (grinding of teeth, etc..)Ice breathing would really have to depend on what you mean by "ice breathing". If you mean if the dragon will spit out chunks of ice as its attack, then I'd say he'd just get killed and/or made fun of by other dragons. If you mean it spews out a liquid that would freeze things on contact, then it becomes more realistic (for the lack of a better word). It could be in liquid form, whereby nitrogen from the atmosphere is collected, compressed, and chilled via refrigerator-like mechanism, and stored in a well insulated sac. It could also be an extremely frigid air (also via refrigerator-like mechanism) that is blown out that can chill/freeze things instantly. This of course is based on non-magical dragons. Since dragons might as well have been magical if they existed, then my first two paragraphs are thrown out the window and replaced by a single word "magic".