xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darran

Sony Ericsson K800i

Does anyone own this phone? I am planning to get this in early October, because that is when my subscription plan with the service provider ends. I have been a fan of Sony Ericsson fans, their layout is simple and pleasing to their eye. And this phone with a 3.2 megapixel camera just tops it up for me. It is really nice to be able to have a very clear camera with you whenever you are. Saves a lot of money buying a camera.

Does anyone own this phone? I am planning to get this in early October, because that is when my subscription plan with the service provider ends. I have been a fan of Sony Ericsson fans, their layout is simple and pleasing to their eye. And this phone with a 3.2 megapixel camera just tops it up for me. It is really nice to be able to have a very clear camera with you whenever you are. Saves a lot of money buying a camera.

Yes, it's a very goog mobile.

You can visit this webpage for all details and compare with other mobile phones:

http://www.gsmarena.com/

That was a very detailed website you had there, really loved the comparisons made between phones and also the reviews they give. The enormous number of user-related comments also helps in deciding whether the phone is suitable in terms of the user experience for e.g. the bugs in a phone, optimised performance ... etcBut I would like to clarify on somethings I read on the website mainly the disadvantages. # No EDGE or Wi-Fi support (K790 has EDGE, but no 3G)# Records video in ancient QCIF (176 x 144 pixels) resolution only# Memory Stick Micro? (M2?) card type is still very new and unpopular What does EDGE exactly refer to? I have heard on EDGE and it is similar to a content shop except that it sells music, is it the same? Wi-Fi, are phones required to connect to wireless networks because that is what I understand from term as it is used to laptops nowadays. Records videos in ancient QCIF means that it is recording in a smaller resolution the phone right? Memory Stick Micro? (M2?) is unpopular but what kind of effect will it have? I mean you can still use it to connect to your computer, uploading pictures and stuff like that. How much difference would it make? And is there any downside to using this type of memory card?

I have just got the phone 2 days ago

Posted Image

I really like the phone, the camera is excellent. Even under weak lighting it is able to capture a very clear picture of my room. Here is an example

Posted Image

But with regards to making use of 3G, I am still unable to really tap into it. So far I have not found any bugs regarding this phone, except that the memory stick slot is a little difficult to pry open, but nothing serious. This phone is certainly a dream come true for all Sony Ericsson supporters who fancied an excellent camera with a classy phone.

For people who need free themes, ringtones, software, games ... etc for K800, you can visit http://www.mobile9.com/, it is a very good website.

Telling the truth, I prefer W800i. I like the walkman function so it's the best choice for those who prefer music. Fr K800i, maybe you could rely on its camera function. Well, in the end, it's comparable which function you want to distinguish.

phone blank, no programs on the phone

Sony Ericsson K800i

My k800i was connected to my PC , now there is nothing on the phone at all , The battery fine , sim fine and m2 card fine , There just is no program on the phone

-reply by Garie Maughan

waks., phone blank?what did you do before it blank?cause if phone connected to PC without anything happe, this cannot be like that.I supposed you should go to the SonyErricsson Centre

i own a SE k800i

Sony Ericsson K800i

Hi there

I own a Sony Ericsson k800i for a month and I think its pretty good the battery life is better then from nokias the camera is also good but the what I use the most is the pre installed messenger which is pretty good and fast

But also the ammount of free apps and software you can get on the net is amazing

Sony Ericsson well done...

-reply by neosss

Worlds first 3D World for mobiles

Sony Ericsson K800i

I can also recommend a cool app for Sony�s. It�s called I-Citizen and it came out recently. It�s the world�s first 3D world and the k800 works like a charm on it. Its fun to play and you can meet people and chat to them as you might have guessed. They have promotions where they give away PS3�s and Xboxes to people in a place called I-Bid in the app. Its beta release was announced in March 2008 and anyone can give it a try. You can get it from your mobiles browser or your pc by going to =wap.Icitizencommunity.Com.

-reply by Callie

Sony Ericsson K800i... the best phone in the worldSony Ericsson K800i

Nowadays it's all "iphone this, android that"... Everyone wants a smart phone.  Except for me.  A "dumb"phone suits me fine.  The K800i has 3G; it's got bluetooth/usb/infrared connectivity; an excellent mp3 player; a reasonably good camera; and it can use j2me (java) apps, which means it can have a lot of the functionality of a smartphone without the silly price.

I use my K800i mostly as a 3G "modem" - I connect it to my PC via usb datacable and I can get online from pretty much anywhere.  I haven't figured out yet how to use it with bluetooth as a "modem" but I'm working  on it.

I recommend the K800i to anyone who doesn't feel they "need" an iphone.  Best of all, because it's such an old phone now, you can pick it up for next to nothing!  10/10!!

-reply by bob mcbob