xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
P0T33n

What Tags To Use When Posting Htmlscript? Im not sure if its the html or code tags I should use

I have a few htmlscripts I'd like to share but am not sure if I should use the html or code tags and rather than get a warning I though I'd ask first?

Heres a list of some of the htmlscripts I have available.

Search Engine

Mailing list

Link Extraction/Site Analysis Tool

Quiz System

Forum System

I also have various php and perl (the perl scripts are copyrighted but you are allowed to use them once you leave the copyright alone) and I will post some of these also if users request them!

it doesn't matter if you put them in the HTML tags, CODE tags, or even in the QUOTE tags just as long as they are in some kind of tags so they do not interfear with the forums HTML and PHP and screw it up somehow....same with PHP just make sure you post them in HTMl CODE or QUOTE tags for a full list of the BBCodes we have here see the link in the smilies box when you are posting a topic that says BB Code Help.. you do NOT HAVE to use the corrrect BBCode for whatever code you are going to post, just make sure it is in some kind of code tag..

To use the proper tag use the following

[ html ]<a href="test/page.html">A Test Page</a>[ /html ]

<a href="test/page.html">A Test Page</a>

[ sql ]SELECT t.tid FROM a_table t WHERE t.val="This Value"[ /sql ]

SELECT t.tid FROM a_table t WHERE t.val="This Value"

[ code ]$this_var = "Hello World!";[ /code ]

$this_var = "Hello World!";

make sure to remove the spaces within the brackets.
use this post for a reference or click on the shoutbox bbcode it will show all the tags that this forum is being used.