xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Feedback On My First Sig With Render, Please Not finished yet but i need feedback on a sig

Hi

I decided to make my first sig with a render and im happy with what i have so far but it is so bare i dont know what to do with it.

Heres what i have so far:

Posted Image

direct link here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Can i have some feesback of what i have so far and some suggestions of what to add to it. I want it themed around battles in the mediaeval times with swords, and such which is why the colours are blue-grey to try to give the theme of cold hard stone, perhaps in a castle.

Thanks

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Hmmm, too big. =\ Mostly practice text, and ALWAYS some kind of border. Sigs without borders are.... wrong. (No offense)Try focusing on the render more, there's too much negative space.Good luck, hope I helped. :D

Edited by Sharn (see edit history)

Try focusing on the render more, there's too much negative space.

Not sure what you mean by this. Ive decided i dont like the text now aswell but im not sure what style would suit the theme. Any ideas? i wanted it to look sort of engraved into the background so i tried a bump map (im using the gimp) but it didnt work properly :D

Make the sig in size like 350x150.. and then put the render in one of the sides.. text is too dark add some color overlay or glow.. add one more layer with white brushes and then add brightnes and contrast.. and the sig looks kind a dead so try using color balances :D..

text is extremley difficult to reead, the render is a little blury atleast for me...i like the bakground... but there is jsut too much open space, try filling it in with a bigger render that coversa little more than that

Id have a tad more light but not enough to loose that medievil feeling also try blending you render slightly. As for the text if you lighten up slightly on part of the bg you can adjust you text to suit. I know you dont do sigs with renders though bro so just work at it a bit more and you will be fine.

Negative space means open space, with nothing there. Nothing to look at. It can very quickly kill a good sig. The idea is to get as much detail as possible, as much to look at.

I know it's very hard to get in GIMP. You don't have PS....? If you do, use it. :D

So... Put the render more in the center, then, not so much text... Just put like your name, and maybe one simple word, like "Death" or something. (XD) It'll stick out much more.

Look on http://www.pixel2life.com/ for tuts on "Blending renders" and anything else you want to learn, they have tons of tuts. Great resource, put it in your faves if you haven't already. Be sure to go into the GIMP category before searching.

Ok ive updated the image as you can see in the first post.I changed the text to add colour and a bit of a drop, Might blur that slightly to get rid of pixelization or whatever you guys call it :D Ive also added some sparkle brushes over the background in white and darkened the render slightly and blurred it abit too.And ill check out pixel2life tomorroy because i think i might go to bed soon :D Thanks

looks better already. just a bit more time spent on text and a bit more detail on white parts of bg and you will be ok. Nice 1 well done

Ive made the sig abit smaller, 380X150 as 350 looked too small to me.

Posted Image

I think it looks better now ive also added some more white brushing as i thought it added some contrast to the darkness. I think if i put my name in the top left it should be almost finished.