xisto Community
red_dragon_here

How Many of You Use the C Programming language?

I've learned C and I simply hate using it because I will never use half its "features" nor do I want to use them. I stick with FreeBASIC if I can, and Pascal otherwise if I need a compiled application. PHP, however, is my favorite language to use: It's like C without all the things I hate.C++ was even worse with the cout function and all the object-oriented ideas I don't like to work with. Don't even get me started on Java.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

I use all versions of C. If it is editing images, or games, or whatever else you can think of. I use many languages though, I suppose I would learn if I am taking my career into programming, right?

will i know c and c++but i just like c when i use it on linuxi can realy fell the power on c and the power of linuxi do problime solving meaning that i didnot rota complete app yetbut when i get problime with any thing i wrot a solve for iti also use linux bash

yeah i started my programming with C only it helped me to understand the logic and the things involved in programming I think it is a good base for programmer to start with. I have several projects with it. C is simply the best

C/C++ is my language of choice, unless I'm doing web programming. After reading "The C Programming Language," I was amazed at how powerful the language was and how much you could do with a few little tricks. I highly recommend this book to any programmer, even if you already know C. It teaches a new way of thinking about code and is highly informative.

I use the C++ programming language, it's what I learned in high school, which I'm still in. C++ seems much easier to work with, for me' it is much easier to understand. C. Programming language seems a big confusing thing for me ;) (Pardon my spellibg errors, I'm writing this on my dad's blackberry, and I'm not too good at using it)