xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fo0xcr4f7

Does Trap17 Come With Tld?

I don't know if this will count as a "problem" but it is for me. I am building a website, and in this website I want to put a webform, and I want (lots of want's) this webform to post onto a seperate page, and also to be emailed to the admin. I was wondering if anybody knows of a script or code that can do this for me.Also some other not as important questions, which you probualy get asked alot, sorry! When I sign up for the Xisto hosting is it only hosting? Does it come with a TLD? (Hopeful) and how long does it take until I need to get 30 credits again, to keep my website up.

Notice from truefusion:
Moved from Counseling, Advice, Support forums. Also, edited topic title. Please be more descriptive for topic titles and descriptions.

I think this post will probably be moved, you shouldve probably posted in the programming section or something but the mods will sort that out if they need to. As for the hosting you get a yoursite.trap17.com domain name but as far as im aware you can use any domain name with your webspace but you would have to get the domain name from someone else.And as for the credits first of all you need just 30 credits then you can apply for hosting. Once you have hosting your credits will go down. Then for every day your website is online you will loose one credit. So if you have 10 credits it will last 10 days. Just make decent posts in the forum and you will get redits (as you know) and this will keep your website online. If it reaches 0 your site is suspended untill you get 4 credits. More info is in the T17 Readme.Im not entirely sure what is needed of this script you need but this what i understand of the situation:You need a script which takes user input proccesses it to make sure its safe etc.. then makes a new HTML page and uses the users input as the content for this page, and then sends anemail containing the same content to whoever is the admin of the site? Is that correct? If so i may be able to help.

Do not bump your own topic or any other topics. We all can read what's on the forum and not one topic is important than others.You need to clarify by what you meant when "post onto [separate] page" Would you like your form entry to be saved as a web page and permanently stored into your hosting page to be reviewed later on? Or do you just want to email entered form data to designated email address?ghostrider, do not digress from a topic. For your question TLD stands for Top Level Domain(name). It means your-site.com or your-site.net etc instead of your-site.trap17.com, which is called sub-domain.

You need to clarify by what you meant when "post onto [separate] page" Would you like your form entry to be saved as a web page and permanently stored into your hosting page to be reviewed later on? Or do you just want to email entered form data to designated email address?

Yes I would like the form to be saved as a webpage, similar to a guestbook, and also to be emailed.

For example. The form would say: Favourite Food, and Person A types in Chips, and then submit, It submits to a different web page as a hyperlink, which is passworded, so when Person B logs onto a passworded area, he can click on the hyperlink, and can see that Person B likes chips as it appears on the page, also when Person B reads his email he can see that Person A likes chips again.

That sounds complicated, you might need a more powerful script using databases. Why not just make a forum?

EDIT: I see what you mean. Person B is the admin... perhaps you could modify a script from phpform generator. I recommend installing http://phpformgen.sourceforge.net/ on your server, then creating a form, then you could modify the script so that it writes the results to a text file or database, then you have another password protected page that outputs this information by including the file. Personally I would just have a normal form that sends the information to your email, but I understand what you mean. I'm sure this kind of script exists, I'll search for it for you one day, but now I need to get some sleep... lol

I know what you mean you want to do a form post tell me what ields you want and ill create one it should only take me 5 mins but i ned to know the webpage you want it posted to.

Thank you for reply!

The fields I want are: Name
Xfire Name

The website address where I want this form is:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
On the Try Out page, I can't remember exact URL sorry.

And I want it to be posted to the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (passworded hopefully)
And if you can, to be emailed to:

jackfoxcroft@hotmail.com

Thanks for this, much appreciated.