xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dawiss

Star Template

Pretty nice. I like the banner and the content boxes excpet for the stars. It all is cool in the banner but it sort of takes the focus out of the content boxes and doesn't really seem to fit all that well in the labeling up there. It might be ok in the navigation but I wouldn't put them in the label of the content boxes. They look nice but seem to get in the way.

Thanks for your comments.. This one is pretty simple it needs some wiork I think the stars on tabs ar etoo much and they works bad for that and the buttons too need to be separated <_<..

Ok here I just edited few thing.. I changed the button layout and took away the stars from tabs..

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Edited by Dawiss (see edit history)

I really like it. Just realised im going to have to get some templates done seen as i dont do any so maybe you could give me a hand Dawiss seen as your a good friend.

The second one looks nicer now. Although I think you should have kept the stars in the navigation but that might have messed up the other tabs because it isn't set by itself. Although a little cramped on the left side a little bit it seems to fit. Nice job Dawiss.

Thanks Plenoptic and GOE for your comments.. yeah If I would let the stars stay at links tab.. then it would fade out too much i think.. ok here is the html of the site so you can have better understanding about what and where needed to be shown:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

P.S. Of course GOE I can help with templates only say what you need at it <_<..

Yeah the changes you made to it makes it look better, but now that i saw it working on the browser looks kinda small, you should increment the wide of it, (just my 2 cents :D )

I dont want to make it bigger because not all people have same size monitors :D.. and if the template is bigger then your monitor then you will need to scroll it to see all.. and I will be puting there iFrames so it looks kind annoying if you scroll the iFrame page and the whole page scrolles with you.. hope you understand what i mean :D...

Yeah i do, its preferable to have the content scrolling only than the entire page, but i just mean the wide of it.But then how you say the monitors work? is not supossed that when having a smaller monitor the size of the webpages and every stuff on the computer also decreases proportionally.... no?

No it dont but when the monitor is smaller (800x600, 1024x768,...) then your internet browser window is smaller.. and if it is smaller then bigger things on it can bee seen fully you need to scroll down or up, left or right to see it fully.. understand/ :D