xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thejestergl

Computer Problems Well more of an annoyance

Well I have to say that my computer has given me nothing but bad luck! The first time I got it I thought it was the greatest thing ever, coming from a 1.11 GHz Proccessor to a 2.53 GHz. But after time past it just got worse. I would like to say that I have a DELL, and no I don't have anything against others who have a DELL desktop computer. This computer is one of those that stands up vertically so that the DVD/CD-ROM drive is also vertical. This is the first problem. I end up having to sit there clicking the button over and over to eject a CD. This is because the CD seems to get stuck inside, probably because it is tilting so it is trapped in there. By the time I finally get it out it sometimes just shoots right back in without giving me a chance to take out the disk ! (grr).Next has to be the unlucky "frying" problem. My computer for the time I have had it has managed to fry a 200GB Harddrive, 256MB Video card, the FAN, and a plug. Now the video card and harddrive I can understand but the fan itself and a plug? COme on that's just weird. So if anyone can suggest a good way to keep my computer at low temperatures please do tell. Right now I am getting a new computer 3.00 GHz Proccessor250GB Harddrive1GB Harddrive256 Video CardI don't want this to happen again so please any suggestions >.<!And off curiousity, does anyone else get computer problems that just shouldn't happen?

From the post that u had written, I could get the following factsCDROM ejects slowly/go backs very fast.Hard drive got 'fried' If you want to keep your computer at low temperatures, main thing to remember is that you have to get a cabinet with atleast 2 fans on the outside. This coupled with the fan on SMPS, fan for processor and on video card will give effective heat dissipation for the system. As far as the CDROM drive is concerned, atleast in you new system, get a horizontally placed drive.

Yeah luckly I am getting a horizontally placed drive in the new computer. As for the fans I do have 2. But it could just be the fan type? I am getting better ones in the computer. I will have to get back to you when I get it see if I still have overheating problems. Thank you though I'll look into extra fans

Yeah, I had almost the same problems than you.I had my old PC... Intel Pentium 4, 2.9 Ghz proscessor, 512 RAM, 30 GB HD... and thats all what i had! the motherboard included the Sound, video and internet devices.The CD-ROM came with a defect.. :D , it sometimes wasnt gonna open lol. After 8 months of use it started to reboot by its own. And what i was getting was a Overheating problem on proscessor, but i just added some more Heatsink grease to the proscessor, but after 1 week more the thing just messed up and it wasnt going to boot. The problem was the MotherBoard (as people say... Intel is just bad.. but it still being the #1).Oh well, here you have me now with an ASrock motherboard, 3.1 Ghz proscessor, 512 RAM, a new ATi Radeon 256 MB videocard, and an extra HD of 60 MB, and i bough a new case cause the old one didnt had ventilation <_< It seems to work perfectly now with that case, it has 3 fans. A lot of people deal with overheating issues. A good way to keep machines at low temps is to leave your machine case opened with some kind of big fan besides it. I tryed that for long and had no problems. And for the CD-Rom's, dont close them by pushing lol, press the button :P

Yeah the overheating a real problem. And I have heard that DELL computers are actually the worst when it comes to overheating. Their casing doesn't actually keep the computer as cool as it is supposed to. I went on a website that my dad uses (Computer guy) which sells different cased. The cases they have are simply AMAZING. They range in price from $30 - $200. They come in a slick design and some actually have temperature readings on the case so you can see if your computer is overheating or not. Some can actually hold up to SIX fans. The two that point onto the video card and CPU and 4 additional fans that are located all around the computer (generally the back).

Most of the computers actually hold up to 3 or more harddrives. I don't know why people actually need the ability to hold that much data but they can if they want to! I actually could just imagine if I put in 3 different 250GB HD's. The thought of running out of space is a thing of the past XD.

I was going to get a case from them but there ar eso many to choose from I am not sure which one to get. I may stick with the computer casing that is coming with my new computer.

My dad said that you can only get casings and products if you are a registered user and in the computer business. However you can still look at the different casings here!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Another thing to consider is where you're keeping your computer. If you have it pushed into a corner with little room for vetilation, it could cause overheating problems. You have to keep it somewhere where there's room all around it, especially in the back and around the sides, for cool air to flow freely. I doubt seriously that's the problem, just a suggestion. It would probably be a good idea to just get a new case. There are lots of other websites online that sell decently priced cases anybody can buy. I'm not really a huge fan of Dells... I just got a dell for my mom, my uncle gave it to me actually, but it's practically brand new. I got it home and the DVD-ROM wouldn't eject at all (It was just a regular horizontal tray). Windows said it was working properly, but it wasn't.So I took it out and put a burner in instead, but then we put the DVD-ROM back and what do you know, it worked again! I think they put cheap parts in there, otherwise, how would they keep their prices so low!?

Actually Crisseh that might be the problem (area where it is). I actually have it in a small "cubby" in my desk. I would have it else where but unfortunately if i did put it under my desk or on top I was afriad to hit it and knock it over. So my dad actually put it in the cubby to keep it safe. On my old computer it was fine but I guess this one could hold the stress. Go figure. But I think I'll try to find a new place for my computer ^^. Thanks for the suggestion! And about the DVD-ROM drive getting stuck even when its horrizontal? It is probably just DELL. I don't know why people like DELL's. After what I went through with this one... I think I'm done with 'em. From now its all custom!