xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HiDDeNMisT

Dirge of Cerberus

anyone played it yet its for PS2. i have heard very good things about it but im still not sure cuz in the commercials it looks like its more of a acton game then a RPG.

Notice from saint-michael:
Changed the topic title since your talking about 2 different things.

think of it as a devil may cry knock off, it's ok the timing of the gun play and unarm combat is a bit tricky at first. It basically a indepth view of Vincent really.

Dirge of Cerberus is a spinoff of the very very popular game, Final Fantasy VII which was made by squaresoft for the PS1. Since FF7 was so popular many spin-offs have been made including Advent Children, Before Crisis, Crisis Core and Dirge Of Cerberus.It is actually placed in a genre of "Shooter RPG" according to Uffsite, but yeah from what i've seen of it in pictures and demos and movies, it looks awesome. The graphics look great and I am going to get it once it is released here in Australia, maybe next year but might be before Final Fantasy 12 but I'm not entirely sure.

final fantasy 7, dirge of cerberus(DOC) is one of the most interesting games that i have...try to play it!!!!in (DOC) you play as Vincent Valentine, one of Cloud friends. In this game you using a gun to defeat your enemy. You can costumize your weapon to 3 different type, but Vincent will transform to a monster with new gun. so you have 4 type of gun to defeat your enemy.I think this game not really RPG, but action. Its caused bacause Vincent is a individual person. He almost never fought together with other person (except with Cloud and friends in final fantasy 7). dont mind it...just play....this game is very cool....let's play

I think there will be yet another Final Fantasy VII Spin Off much like the Dirge of Cerberus. Though the main character now is Cloud and its an action rpg first person view. Instead of a gun, you'll use your sword ofcourse. My brother told me this and I can't wait for its release.Settings are set after the Advent Children...

I'm also very curious about Dirge Of Ceberus. I've heard a lot of really good things about it from people online, though I only know one person personally who's actually played it. Where I live the game wasn't advertised and few copies are available but I am definitly planning to get my hans on it soon :)