xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moolkye

Verizon Imposes A Surcharge For Dsl Users

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/14458159/

Ok how can this be? The article states that Verizon had to lower their cost of DSL service because of a judge mandated order. But in order for the company to not lose money they impose a surcharge for DSL users. Charging like a $1.20 for 768 users and like $2.2o for DSL users that have a higher connection rate.

How legal is that? I mean that's like telling the Phone company they have to let other people use their lines, and in stead of just doing that they add on a charge that makes it hard for other companies to actually accomplish this.
Isn't that just circumventing the court order?

Any thoughts?
Edited by Moolkye (see edit history)

I understand a litle bit about private and public law, at least the Portuguese private and public law, and from what i already know, law can be whatever the lawyer "say", not the judge.Resuming, if their lawyers are good enough, they can do whatever they want, and it seems that company you're talking about, it is very powerfull, so they can do that.It is best for you to ask a lawer, or a persona that knows this field.Go to the yahoo.com site, they have a script there called "Yahoo!Answers", google also has but it is not free, and at yahoo.com is free, so give it a try.