xisto Community
Arx

Life Before Google

i used Ilse.nl first, thats a dutch search page, but then i started to use google, but my bro's hated it. And now they all use it... i still dont understand. But what the heck. Google is kinda usefull :).

I used the Yahoo search but it was never all-inclusive.... Now that Google has videos, pictures, and a regular search all is well in the world of websearching. They could improve it by adding links faster to it to be complete faster but that will come later.

google was around for as long as i can remember using the internet, but at first I used MSN, cuz thats what they made us use in school. Than I realized that google's results were better and the home page had a lot less crap to load up so I started prefering google.

Well, I never needed to search for anything on the web before I found out about Google. I used to use Ask Jeeves whenever I needed to search, but it soon became too crap for me, especially now it's just Ask.comI don't know how long ago it was when I first found out about Google, or how, but it's all I've ever used since. Well, unless I'm searching for the meaning of a word or the history of something, THEN I search Wikipedia (which I only recently learnt about).

I used Yahoo, Ask Jeves and Meta Crawler - all in combination for each search. Sometimes Yahoo gave the best results, other times Meta Crawler or Ask Jeves. I remember being a frequent user of the Yahoo directory which was an ok service (at that time) for quick information from a selected range of internet sites within one particular category.

I wasn't in exitence when google didnt exist, I didn't use it for a while though, I used Jeteye and yahoo before, I wasn't really smart as a child, I didn't do much searching then anyways...

Seriously, Google has been the only search engine I started using. It has gottenme through tons and tons of homework and essays in high school. Now that I am a college student, Google has never been so important to me. I need this search engine. I hope they never go away. Before my Google days, I used to use AOL search, Altavista, and i think Yahoo. Then I found google. when i had found it, it wasnt that big and it was growing rapidly...

Google grew so muuuuchhhh everyone know's wat google is! Even at the movies they make jokes about google... Well google bought you-tube...............

Yes, Google brought all thse awesome features!! Its not just some ordinary search engine! I would like to see a google math helper thingy. You plug in an equation and tell what kind of answer you want. That would be fuc**n awesome.

well i've used yahoo.com and ask.com before google. i've also used a local search engine (i think it's local, since the name is a local expression) named yehey.com. it was kind of a rip-off of yahoo, something like a local version of yahoo.com

Life online with out google would not exsist. it is teh number one search engine. what would happen if google suddenly crashed? Panic, anarchy, a reversion back to simpler times? Heaven forbid we take to Yahoo...