xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZPGames

Comcast Powerboost

How many of you have heard of Comcast's new PowerBoost system. They are rolling out this year and any current Comcast customer will get it for free. It says it can almost double your speed. Do you think it's really possible. I think so, really they have nothing to gain from the deal. They are giving it away free.

Well seeings how that they way a cable modem and it's connection works, yea, I think it ought to be free.Figure to get those speeds, your lines are fiber up to the pole or hub, and then copper into your house.So those speeds are already there, it's just if they actually want to give them to you or not.Right now, your cable modem can support 10-100 mb transfer rate. But they are only giving you a portion of that.They can push more, but then the cable modems would all have to be changed and the connection to your desktop would still be limited ti twisted pairs in the Ethernet cable which only has a maximum through put of 100 mb.So then you'd have to go to a fiber card and hope that your CPU and system can handle it.

Hmm I have never heard of it before. <_< To bad I just switched to Adelphia. Just about two months ago.So that offer is out of reach for me. :D:P

I've seen commercials for this where I live (Indiana right outside of Chicago) and I'm not so sure how it works because they haven't explained it at all, but like all things, when they sound too good to be true, they usually are. I'm not concerned with it anyways because I have SBC Yahoo! DSL and I'm pretty fast right now at 3MB.