xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

Second Life has anyone tried this?

hey, i was looking through the most recent issue of popular science, and they had a pretty good article in there about a game called second life. i was kinda looking into playing it (it sounds pretty cool) but found out you need a credit card/paypal/SMS to validate your identity or something, and none of those are something i really have easy access to. anyways, i was just wondering, has anyone played this game at all? if so how would you rank it and have you actually made any cash off of it?

I also just found this game in the Popular Science magazine and I'm trying it out right now. You only need a credit card if you want to pay for money in the game which iss called Linden Dollars but you can make it other ways you just have to find them. I enjoy the game so far I just need to make enough money so I can do stuff with the money I make like buy land and what not.

I joined a few days ago and I like it a lot. But, I lag on it because my computer doesn't meet the system requirements.You don't have to pay to play. You only pay for extra things like buying land. But that's optional. You make in-game money, called Linden, by doing in-game jobs and such. People can give away Linden.There's a whole lot to it. If my computer was up to par with it, I would play more.

I've tried it before, didn't really like it, it's very focussed on money and the money is actually real life money. Also, you have to program all the objects you wish to use, or buy em, again, with real money. Think it's better not to play this, they say a lot of people gained fortunes with this game... but that money has to come from somewhere you know.